Nocturnalspeed's Welcome & Build Thread

Wow so Im ****** then. I have the E6X, is there a way to ask Haltech to make an update for us the E6Xs Users ?? i need to change to sequential to make my car run better without the need to get rid of my Adjustable cam gears..

Haltech completely dropped the older models (E6X, E8, E11V2). They did not fix known issues and will definitely not be updating your E6X. With all the new features, the new models seem to be worth it though (especially being able to run sequential injection with zero modification to the cam gear).

Nocturnal - Goodluck with your tune, I'm extremely familiar with a long and drawn out build!

Helped David test fit the Xcelerated carbon hood and trunk, and everything went surprisingly well......though the trunk needs to be adjusted a tad bit more. Had some trouble getting it flush on one side, but we should be able to get it right on the next adjustment session.

Also installed the Aerocatch hood latches, and we feel they came out very nice. The carbon fiber roof cap should be installed soon, we just didn't have enough time.

My Rebel wasn't around, so the point and shoot cam will have to do for this quick peak! Comments welcomed as always.

SpicyMSPnewhood.jpg

SpicyMSPnewhood2.jpg

SpicyMSPnewtrunk.jpg

ok so I just noticed something, why in the world do you still have halogen bulbs!?
Get some projectors and HID's in those headlights ASAP!

the hood looks good though

He has these, just not quite ready to install. He'll prolly put em on when he gets the BBK, Coils, and new wheels.

Retrofit%20headlights.JPG

Thanks for the compliments guys. Car has made quite a visual change. I'm still trying to get used to the new look. Definitely have felt a weight reduction with the removal of the hood and trunk along with the Kenwood sub/amp system.

Hoping we can get the roof cap on soon so I can take it to go get parts of the carbon fiber goodies painted.

Last edited:
Looks good David! Charles was bragging about it in a text. Keep it up, looks great and very clean and I'm sure it will be quick when all Dialed in.

Any pics of where you mounted the pins under the hood for the hood pins? I want these hood pins for my hood. Just looking for ideas and pointers. Car looks fantastic BTW

Lookin sweeter than ever David! Hurry up and get your Haltech all straightened out so when I get my Sprint 500 in about a month or so you and Charles can give me some pointers :)

Loving the hood...I'll hopefully be able to find one before summer!

Any pics of where you mounted the pins under the hood for the hood pins? I want these hood pins for my hood. Just looking for ideas and pointers. Car looks fantastic BTW

I currently have David's car, so I'll take a few pictures for you.

As far as updates go on his MSP:

I was playing with the Haltech EMS on his car this week and everything seems to be headed in the right direction. We were patiently waiting on an item for the tuning process, and we believe we have it. We'll be headed back to Dallas this month to have Sam @ Cross OverAuto hammer out some tuning maps for us with the larger 750cc injectors, and his current setup. The last time we tried playing with some tuning, we were maxing out the duty cycle on the stock injectors at 5psi.....so it was obvious we couldn't even touch tuning until everything was in place.

Our goal is to have the Haltech EMS & Factory Mazda ECU run everything without modifying parts like the cam gear/sensor, etc. And again, I believe we're done.

Last edited:
wow wtf.. never seen this thread. smh and in h town i must see this car if i ever go up there :)

wow wtf.. never seen this thread. smh and in h town i must see this car if i ever go up there :)

Anytime buddy, just hit me up. :)

There are still quite a bit of parts I need to install; such as, the CF roof cap, grille, dampers, radio bezel and soon to have BBk's which I plan on taken care of soon.

Back