Aftermarket Stereo

Nikolai87

:
2013 Mazda CX-5 Sport Manual Metropolitan Gray Mica
Hello everyone! I'm getting a Metro Gray Manual Sport version and I would love to replace the stock radio unit and speakers. Are any of you planning on putting in an aftermarket stereo and/or speakers? I pre-ordered the new Pioneer DEH-80PRS and can't wait to swap it in when I receive it from the dealership. Thanks for any input!

I would be intrested in know how does it sound afterwards. I too did not get the BOSE system and thinking about upgrading to better speakers.
A DIY post would be great if you decide to tackle it on your own.

Just wondering how all the car settings are changed once the audio system is changed?

There are adapters that will link from the new head unit to the existing steering wheel controls. I am not sure about existing bluetooth, but many in-dash GPS units have the ability to expand to add bluetooth and rear view cameras. I would suspect you can just plug existing hardware into the new unit. Another reason I like base models, to add whatever I want.

There are adapters that will link from the new head unit to the existing steering wheel controls. I am not sure about existing bluetooth, but many in-dash GPS units have the ability to expand to add bluetooth and rear view cameras. I would suspect you can just plug existing hardware into the new unit. Another reason I like base models, to add whatever I want.

I was thinking more about the setting for lights, locks and other settings that are set in the menu system that would otherwise be on the GT. Not the biggest of lists, so in many cases the factory settings are completely suitable.

Count me in on wanting information about aftermarket stereo. My local audio shop says there's nothing out there yet for it, since it's so new. The current stereo isn't bad, but I want my satellite radio, and I didn't want to pay $600 for Mazda to install it. Couldn't get any kind of upgrade factory-installed since my husband and I both wanted the manual for the mpg.

I thought this was funny after asking them to provide me with infomation about what speakers would work. A few months!
Hi Jim,

I'm Niles.

In answer to your question about installation information for your 2013 Mazda CX5, our researchers have been unable to obtain a test version of your vehicle for specifications and dimensions. So, we have no information on your vehicle currently.

Please check our online vehicle selector in a few months - we may have information listed for you then. Here's a shortcut to our online vehicle selector:

http://www.crutchfield.com/whatfits/index.html?lp=/shopindx.html

I know this wasn't the information you were hoping for, but I hope it helped. Thanks for the email.

Niles

Advisor

advisors@crutchfield.com

Hope these manuals help with changing your stereo, good luck with finding the wiring harness :)

Attachments

• CX-5 Wiring Diagram.pdf
    113.4 KB · Views: 1,226
  • CX-5 Stereo Removal.pdf
    211.1 KB · Views: 1,285
Aftermarket Pioneer 8400 for Sport Model

I had installed a double din Pioneer which went in without modifications. The installer hooked up the steering wheel controls without any trouble using an available adaptor. Bluetooth came with the unit and installed mic neatly above visor, works great. Also included backup camera, which works both when I put in reverse and manually. Nav works well through my iphone with 3rd party app. I also have rear stereo and video output for passengers in the back seat. All the toys w/ the six speed. Biggest headache is that there is currently no after market adaptor for the antenna and we are waiting for Meta or others to come out with one so I can enjoy HD radio with this unit. Total cost w/install 2000.

I had installed a double din Pioneer which went in without modifications. The installer hooked up the steering wheel controls without any trouble using an available adaptor. Bluetooth came with the unit and installed mic neatly above visor, works great. Also included backup camera, which works both when I put in reverse and manually. Nav works well through my iphone with 3rd party app. I also have rear stereo and video output for passengers in the back seat. All the toys w/ the six speed. Biggest headache is that there is currently no after market adaptor for the antenna and we are waiting for Meta or others to come out with one so I can enjoy HD radio with this unit. Total cost w/install 2000.

Sixspeed, can you post some pictures when you get a chance? I'd like to see this.

Pictures of Double Din

IMG_0159.JPGIMG_0160.JPG

More Pics of Double Din Install

Here is the microphone locationIMG_0161.JPG and the subwoofer with seat all the way upIMG_0165.JPGand the switch for the DVD over-ride switch and subwoofer controls.

Attachments

• IMG_0166.JPG
    IMG_0166.JPG
    280 KB · Views: 1,077
More pics of Double Din Install

IMG_0163.JPG This is the rear video and stereo jacks, Pioneer features a "zone 2" with this unit where you can port video and audio to the back while mirroring or playing something different in front.

Nice work. Why did you go with the surface mount microphone instead of wherever the stock placement is (in the overhead center console, I believe)? Also, regarding lack of an adapter for the antenna -- does this mean that AM/FM don't work or work poorly, in addition to HD?

I just bought the CX-5 Sport Manual in Liquid Silver; I wanted bluetooth + 6-speed manual, but for some reason Mazda doesn't think stick shifts and hands-free devices are a logical combination. So, aftermarket it is.

Last edited:
Back