Ordered a stereo and wheels for my Mazda2

Kags1969

:
2011 Mazda2 Sport
mazda2-1.JPG

Well I just bought a Mazda2 Sport here in Austin Texas for $12,499. I guess the dealers here must be getting some cash from Mazda that is not showing up on the car websites.

Got the windows tinted the day after I bought it.

I like the car but I want to upgrade it a bit as it will be my daily driver.

The sport comes with 15" steelies, so I ordered some 15" Konig Maxxim Air's from Goodwin Racing(good stuff for Mazda racing folks). I wanted to keep the stock rubber and use it, so I stayed with the 15" wheel. MaxximAir.jpg

I also ordered a Pioneer X920BT Double Din Nave unit from Amazon and a Kanatech install kit from Shokits.com Kanatechs_Stereo_4d7f93fb21047.jpg

There is a guy selling leather seat kits and I am going to get some samples from him. I am thinking that the BMW light brown "Kodiac" interior would look great in this car...

Last edited:
I'll be interested to see how you find that nav/stereo unit. I have an x920bt in my other car and it is a solid unit, just not that fond of the navagation interface... like the garmin better, but the kenwood wont stream pandora via bluetooth, which was a deal killer for me.

I think you made a poor decision with the Pioneer X920BT, but then again you have the sport and not the touring. I ordered this http://img.alibaba.com/wsphoto/v1/2...ps-navigation-for-mazda2-autoradio-system.jpg I cant wait for it.

That thing looks like "made in China", especially if you are buying it from alibaba. The Chinese made GPS/infotainment system might look more integrated but it is really a piece of crap. Don't be offended because I have tried on my CX-9 before. Wait and see yourself once you try to install it. Good Luck.

I'm VERY impressed with the wheel choice, they look awesome. What color is your 2 btw?

How hard was it to install the stereo? Where did you purchase everything? I have the same car as you and I really like what you did! I'm getting my windows tinted tomorrow! I'd like the rims and stereo too.. not to copy u lol.

@ Kags1969: Where are the photos buddy?! Post the wheel photos in the Official Wheel Thread! What about that stereo?

Back