Road trip in '03 P5

Hey everyone I was interested in some tips from the pros.

We are taking my wife's P5 to Glacier and Yellowstone in August(from California), some of the parts are quite desolate. I want everyone's opinion on things to bring in case something goes down.

It has 80k and its an auto. The maintenance is all up to date.

At this point I'm bringing:

socket set and 10 mm wrench
1 gallon distilled water
duct tape!
1 quart oil oil
1 quart of transmission fluid
headlight bulb
Oh and i'll be checking the tire pressure on the spare.

Any horror stories or suggestions are welcome.

Thanks.

don't forget to bring the little blue blanket and the tin foil hat!!!

haha seriously, you'll be more than fine with what you got

Music, lots of it. Even if it only serves the purpose of keeping you awake, you'll be glad you have it.

jumper cables and an empty 1 gallon gas tank. If you run out of gas and have to foot it or catch a ride somewhere for gas, buying a tank at a station is much more expensive than buying one at Walmart. Enjoy the trip, take lots of pics and post them up when you get back!

Hell i had to have a lil cooler full of caprisun's, powerade and pizza lunchables haha def lots of music amd get the wifey like a sudoku book that shud keep her occupied and outta ur ear for a bit lol. oh and def grab a map or print one out. even if u know where ur goin it won't hurt ;) DRIVE SAFE!!!

...a Garmin or Tom Tom GPS...
Flat blade and Phillips screwdrivers
Pliers
Tire plug kit
12V compressor
Cell phone

Holy smokes, Glad we're taking the wagon.

Definitely bringing the jumper cables. In January we left the P5 at LAX for a week. I kept forgetting the cables, went and saw the inlaws on the way down and forgot to ask them. We get back Sunday night at 9pm and the original battery wasn't going to crank. Parked at the cheapest parking lot that is miles away from anything. Luckily, 5 minutes later the couple across from us show up and they have cables.

I need to keep those in there all the time.

All great suggestions.

portable urinal, TP, extra underwear, one condom, a Canadian 5 dollar bill, a map of Maine, one watermelon, one pair of binoculars, one car seat, a vacuum cleaner, a flux-capacitor, one gallon of lydrogen (it's basically my favorite fossil fuel), one fake christmas tree, one broken record, a can of spraypaint, a can of whipped cream, a can of shaving cream, one tornado vortex generator (ask Judman, he's got one), a Zorro mask, a AAA card, one sixpack of beer bottles filled with your own urine, a recording of the most annoying sound in the world, one can of whoop-ass, extra dilithium crystals, one extra DHD, a complete set of autox cones and a stopwatch...

didn't you say that you named your P5, "Tardis"?

portable urinal, TP, extra underwear, one condom, a Canadian 5 dollar bill, a map of Maine, one watermelon, one pair of binoculars, one car seat, a vacuum cleaner, a flux-capacitor, one gallon of lydrogen (it's basically my favorite fossil fuel), one fake christmas tree, one broken record, a can of spraypaint, a can of whipped cream, a can of shaving cream, one tornado vortex generator (ask Judman, he's got one), a Zorro mask, a AAA card, one sixpack of beer bottles filled with your own urine, a recording of the most annoying sound in the world, one can of whoop-ass, extra dilithium crystals, one extra DHD, a complete set of autox cones and a stopwatch...

didn't you say that you named your P5, "Tardis"?
I'm going to use this as the checklist on my next road trip.

If you need any help sourcing these parts, I hear Ken from PG has this kit in stock... just PM him the list..

12 gauge 00 buck shot

Hey everyone I was interested in some tips from the pros.

We are taking my wife's P5 to Glacier and Yellowstone in August(from California), some of the parts are quite desolate. I want everyone's opinion on things to bring in case something goes down.

It has 80k and its an auto. The maintenance is all up to date.

At this point I'm bringing:

socket set and 10 mm wrench
1 gallon distilled water
duct tape!
1 quart oil oil
1 quart of transmission fluid
headlight bulb
Oh and i'll be checking the tire pressure on the spare.

Any horror stories or suggestions are welcome.

Thanks.

Back