Improving 2021 CX-5 N/A Brake performance..?

I am the owner of the 2021 CX-5 N/A (24K miles). I love driving this car everyday, but one thing I don't like this car is the performance of the brake.
Compare with my previous car, and my wife's car, I need to push the pedal further to feel the brake is engaged. Also, stopping distance is a bit longer than I expected. If I put pedal harder, of course, it stopped.
I searched this forum, and some of the article that I felt like this is same issue.

I changed rotor/brake pad, and brake fluid a couple of times with bleeding as well. Nothing changed.
I went to dealership, and they said it is normal.

Now, I think I would like to change the caliper of the turbo one. I know it has 2 piston, thus it would be better than 1 piston.
Does anyone replace 1 piston caliper to 2 piston caliper, I mean caliper of N/A to caliper of turbon one?

I saw bigger brake product, but it is too much (+$1000).

If you jam the brake peddle as if in a panic stop and the auto brake system activates then that's as good as it gets with those tires. Ed

I think @erhayes meant anti-lock brake system, but he's right. The brakes aren't the limiting factor in stopping the car, the tires are.

However I understand you want a different pedal feel. I personally prefer the way Mazda has theirs set up. Other cars I've driven jerk my passengers heads forward no matter how gently I try to ease into the brake pedal.

To get the most bite out of your brakes, you'll want semi-metallic pads. The downside is they are harder on rotors and they dust a lot. And the dust needs to be cleaned off or it will embed itself into your wheels.

I also suspect you may have your seat too far back, causing you to have to reach too far with your leg.

Back