WTB: covers for the roof rail attachment points

Status
Not open for further replies.

remi

Moving to yakima control towers and need to take factory rails off.... only problem being that there are 3 points per side for attaching the facotry rails and 2 for the yak controls. PM if you have them left over from a oem rails install.

You might try talking to the dealer if it hasn't been too long since you got the car maybe they have them laying around.

Let me know how the control towers work for you. I've been thinking about getting them.

Moving to yakima control towers and need to take factory rails off.... only problem being that there are 3 points per side for attaching the facotry rails and 2 for the yak controls. PM if you have them left over from a oem rails install.
remi,
PM me with your address, I will send some of mine to you FREE.
I Installed the rails myself. I still have the plastic covers (all 6 of them).
How many you need? Two?

Last edited:
vike - yeah I will let you know. I have Thule 450s on the factory rails right now. They are ok and definitley make the rails much sturdier, but they are still nothign like as solid as the rack on my 4runner. Everyone with the Mont Blancs are happy so I guess I should have gone with them ... but you know... my buddy lost a kayak off the roof of his car last year ... and when you see a kayak spinning at 60 mph down the road behind you .. you learn a new respect for roof racks :) ... no kidding

I have the Thule 450 rack, I have used it a few times and it seemed decent. I went back and forth between the 450 and the podium. Went with the 450 since it seemed to be easier to take on and off (to avoid wind noise from the sunroof area). Why don't you like the 450?

vike - yeah I will let you know. I have Thule 450s on the factory rails right now. They are ok and definitley make the rails much sturdier, but they are still nothign like as solid as the rack on my 4runner. Everyone with the Mont Blancs are happy so I guess I should have gone with them ... but you know... my buddy lost a kayak off the roof of his car last year ... and when you see a kayak spinning at 60 mph down the road behind you .. you learn a new respect for roof racks :) ... no kidding

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back