Why does the front-passenger seat not have power controls?

I know no one knows the answer obviously since none of us work in Mazda in Japan, but it just boggles me how Mazda is trying to be a premium contender in the affordable car segment but they do something weird like this. Would it have hurt to design the front/passenger seat with power recline and fore/aft movement? Every other automaker with power seats (whether standard or selected) has both seats wired up with equal power functionality. Thoughts?

Honestly, if they are really going to move the Mazda 3 and CX-30 up another level, they need to add that, rear air vents, and rear heated and cooled seats. But I am sure Mazda has done their homework and decided what people buying this level of car will pay for and what they expect.

Honestly, if they are really going to move the Mazda 3 and CX-30 up another level, they need to add that, rear air vents, and rear heated and cooled seats. But I am sure Mazda has done their homework and decided what people buying this level of car will pay for and what they expect.
Yeah I’m just peeved about the small things. I was interested in a CX-5 cuz the top trim has a black headliner, which is great — but the car has no auto-dimming at all on any side mirror, which is a huge blow. Don’t get why this wasn’t added, at least into a top trim. I don’t the the pick-n-choose logic of these automakers.

Only luxury cars have power passenger seats
Second that. My Nissan only had power driver's seat. Passenger seat was manual.
My 6 has both, but the drivers seat has more adjustment options. The passenger seat just goes back and forth and the back reclines. You could easily do that with manual controls.
If you want a car that has all of those things mentioned above, like the auto dimming mirrors etc, then the price goes up. You can't have all of this stuff as standard equipment and not expect to have to pay for it.

Second that. My Nissan only had power driver's seat. Passenger seat was manual.
My 6 has both, but the drivers seat has more adjustment options. The passenger seat just goes back and forth and the back reclines. You could easily do that with manual controls.
If you want a car that has all of those things mentioned above, like the auto dimming mirrors etc, then the price goes up. You can't have all of this stuff as standard equipment and not expect to have to pay for it.
Yeah I get it, but my point is the logic for what the 6 get vs the CX-5 for instance, is weird. When fully specced I think both are in a similar pricw range. I don’t get why the CX-5 didn’t get any autodimming side mirror. And also, a lot of features are hard to find in common cars, but I think if Mazda is trying to play ball with luxury brands as an alternative car, they’ve gotta be even more mindful of these little things.

I think it's going to take time to get into the luxury segment for them. They have a tiny lineup of cars compared to other companies. They have to be really really careful how they proceed.

Solid, reliable, good value is their image. Not a bad image but not enough that you could peel away a BMW or Mercedes driver from those marquees.

I do agree that it seems like their option list is on the short side. A few more luxury options are needed.

Not sure if I see them trying to compete for the luxury segment. Why do you think they are?

I think it's going to take time to get into the luxury segment for them. They have a tiny lineup of cars compared to other companies. They have to be really really careful how they proceed.

Solid, reliable, good value is their image. Not a bad image but not enough that you could peel away a BMW or Mercedes driver from those marquees.

I do agree that it seems like their option list is on the short side. A few more luxury options are needed.

Not sure if I see them trying to compete for the luxury segment. Why do you think they are?
Agreed it will take some time. I see them competing as an alternative to luxury makes due to their design and how they (my opinion) have always had better design and features than Toyota and Honda. Also, car reviews and magazines/publications time and time again (since the newer-gen designs) have placed Mazda as a contender against higher-end car makes. Interior finish especially. I know Mazda isn’t entering the luxury market but the fact that they’re being seen as a good alternative makes me feel they should start being even better about the tiny things.

Back