Who is running a 215/50/17? Still deciding...

PR5Matt

Well, since I want to run the stock rim on my wife's car, I am rethinking the 225/45/17 since I don't wan't to run such an un-optimized rim-width (although they will fit). I know that most tire companies consider the 215/50/17 a plus-one size, but the 3/8" (approx.) difference should be noticable. So who is running this size on their 3 and how do you like it? How does it look, affect the driving of the car, and do you have pics?

Thanks!

I am also considering running 215/50-17's on my car when the factory tires wear out (they currently have 24k and have about another 5-7k left). I would like a wider tire, but don't want to spend the money for wider wheels. The only wider-than-OEM tire that is approved for the factory 17x6.5" rim is a 215/50-17. 215/45-17's are not approved for anything less than a 7" wide rim. The 215/50 is 1-1.5% larger diameter than the 205/50, depending on the brand/model of tire. This is a negligable difference that most car manufacturers don't have a problem with. I defy anyone to notice a difference in acceleration with such a small diameter change. I would rather not use a 215/45 because I also don't want to degrade the ride quality.

Latest posts

Back