Who else is waiting impatiently for the 2016 CX-5?

I doubt that feature is available here. Many of these options are external to USD market. I've never really looked into what vehicles imported to US have had this feature. The only vehicle I have ever driven with them was my father's '93 Isuzu Trooper.

I'd hope to be wrong on feature availability though...

Folding mirrors unfortunately won't be available in Canada/US. My putt putt (soon to be ex ) Kia Rio5, has folding mirrors and heated steering wheel. Would love those 2 features in the CX5.

Is there any confirmation that the GT models will come with paddle shifters for 2016 in the US? Thanks.

T - 1 before I get the car... Woohoo, really excited! I'll put up pics later, but they probably won't be that great. It's -25C here this morning, the roads are dirty and I'll have my winter steelies on.

Went to visit my dealer friend this afternoon and they had 3 2016 Tourings dropped to them last night. My friend did not know they were coming this fast. Cars look great. Mazda's dealer rep was there and they put my GT on a HOTLOAD from Tacoma. Boat will be there Monday the 9th. I might see the car in Salt Lake next weekend.

Went to visit my dealer friend this afternoon and they had 3 2016 Tourings dropped to them last night. My friend did not know they were coming this fast. Cars look great. Mazda's dealer rep was there and they put my GT on a HOTLOAD from Tacoma. Boat will be there Monday the 9th. I might see the car in Salt Lake next weekend.

May not get off the boat for awhile with all West Cost ports going on possible shutdown
http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-port-shutdown-20150207-story.html

Folding mirrors unfortunately won't be available in Canada/US. My putt putt (soon to be ex ) Kia Rio5, has folding mirrors and heated steering wheel. Would love those 2 features in the CX5.

I'm in Australia and we have folding Mirrors. They aren't automatic folding mirrors when the car is locked, but we still have the folding option that you can manually choose.

I went in and signed the paperwork/deal with Mazda on Friday and I am picking my car up on Tuesday.

My dealer said heaps of people are going in showing interest and wanting to test drive. My car is the first they got in and they are continuing to get more in every week, however they are already sold before they get to the dealership so the people who are interested and want to go for test drives and sit in the cars etc etc, they arent allowed.

They had my car on the showroom floor today (Saturday) but had signs everywhere to advise customers not to touch the car, also had the doors locked at all times so people wouldnt get inside.

These are going to be a very popular car!! So happy i got in early (mid December 2014) and secured my Car :)

Thanks for the .PDFs outlining the 2016 changes. It sucks that the Sport Manual buyers get the shaft regarding the audio/rear camera. Especially so if the 2016 won't allow an aftermarket head unit installation or there is no mounting kit support for it due to the low numbers.

I had a test drive yesterday with the 2016 CX-5. The car feels great and handles great. Acceleration isn't bad - it's better than the new CR-V for sure. The new Blind spot monitoring is great - it works beautifully. The new infotainment system is also good - the LCD is a lot bigger than the old model and it is very visible from the driver's side.

I asked the dealer for a model with the i-ActiveSense package and he quoted me $34,750. Someone posted the MSRP for the new models a page back and it was $32,450 with the Tech and the i-ActiveSense packages. I guess the dealer is pricing it higher because there's literally no inventory and there's no official price on Mazda's page either. The dealer didn't seem to want to negotiate even a little bit on the price either. I'm really hoping that Mazda accelerate deliveries and update their page with the 2016 CX-5 MSRP soon ...

I had a test drive yesterday with the 2016 CX-5.. he quoted me $34,750. Someone posted the MSRP for the new models a page back and it was $32,450 with the Tech and the i-ActiveSense packages. I'm really hoping that Mazda accelerate deliveries and update their page with the 2016 CX-5 MSRP soon ...

Nice, right now is all about the waiting game for me at least. I have still yet to test drive the CX-5 and I am sure once I do that I won't want to get out of it. For me it was between the CX-5 and the Subie Crosstrek which I did test drive (toilet). My mind is pretty much set on the Mazda as I've owned one before and enjoyed it. But then it comes to pricing... $34,750 does sound high but that is expected right now. I would be satisfied with a Touring model for the price. I am with you on hoping that Mazda officially releases the vehicle and starts the buying/selling game at the dealerships.

What state do you live in that the dealer already has one on the lot? I have yet to see any or hear of any by me yet.

The price list another user had posted...http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=209981&d=1423098444

I am going back and forth between a used 14/15, a new 14/15 or a new 16. With the 16's out and no incentives yet there are no deals to be had on those but plenty of discounts for the older models. If I can get a new 15' GT with tech for ~25,000 is it really worth it to get a 16' with tech and active sense for 32,000? And if I go slightly used, say ~10,000 miles I'm looking at ~$20,000 or about ~$12,000 less than a new 16'. Decisions, decisions....

I am going back and forth between a used 14/15, a new 14/15 or a new 16. With the 16's out and no incentives yet there are no deals to be had on those but plenty of discounts for the older models. If I can get a new 15' GT with tech for ~25,000 is it really worth it to get a 16' with tech and active sense for 32,000? And if I go slightly used, say ~10,000 miles I'm looking at ~$20,000 or about ~$12,000 less than a new 16'. Decisions, decisions....

Well those discounts are pretty steep. I knew these good deals would start to pop up on the older models. Going slightly used is always an option but how much are you actually saving by doing so? Are you financing or paying cash? Your going to pay higher interest rates on a slightly used model when financing if I am not mistaken. What do you like about the newer model? Personally I like the new grille and fog-light appearance. The LED lighting is nice but only available with tech package. The biggest thing I like about the newer model is the infotainment system. I have heard the previous models were not that great in this aspect. Are you looking to save money or are you looking to have a nicer and more sleek car? I spend easily 2 hours in traveling a day so I will wait for the '16. I prefer the creature comforts of the commander control knob over having to move my hand up 12 inches to control the radio lol.

Wow, the dealerships around me said I could get a 2015 GT with tech for 28,000. I just test drove the 16 this weekend and the infotainment system and nav system are a huge improvement. However, i could get a 15 for 26000 I would totally do it.

What state do you live in that the dealer already has one on the lot? I have yet to see any or hear of any by me yet.

I'm in CA. I had a look at the price list that was posted earlier: AWD with GT trim was $29,470 and the two Technology and i-Activesense packages were $1,505 and $1,500 - so the total comes to $32,475. I think the $34,750 was pure price gouging ... unless that price list varies by state and CA has different MSRPs.

Wow, the dealerships around me said I could get a 2015 GT with tech for 28,000. I just test drove the 16 this weekend and the infotainment system and nav system are a huge improvement. However, i could get a 15 for 26000 I would totally do it.

I've got a 15' FWD GT with tech (Soul Red/Black) being offered at $27,500. I countered with $26,000. We'll see...

Can the infotainment system in the '15 be upgraded to the new model in the '16?

If you mean to make it identical or similar to the '16 I don't think so. Theoretically anything can be done but it wouldn't be worth the money to make the infotainment in the '15 identical to the '16. I've seen a few posts about changing the head unit and putting in an aftermarket product that supposedly can do a lot of the things the new infotainment system can do with exception of having that commander button mounted near the armrest...

If you go to the "what did you do for your CX-5 today?" thread you'll see a post about a new head unit that a member just added to his CX-5. Go to the last page and maybe ask him about it? The unit alone costs $1,500... not sure about installation and all of that.

This is the Australian version. They call it a 2015 refresh but it is the 2016 American CX-5

This is the Australian version. They call it a 2015 refresh but it is the 2016 American CX-5

Are you saying the AUS and US versions come with the same options (but of course in opposite driver positions)?

At the end of the video I thought I heard him say the steering might turn a little in the opposite direction when trying to initiate a turn?
Sounds weird.

Back