Wheel Spacers

I prefer these spacers from Superior Solutions

Status of the 25m spacer and TPM light?....

Anybody running this spacer (about 1", that's some big spacer)

My spacers are not that thick but they have a number of other advantages that are lacking in the H&R Trak spacers.

I will be reviewing "Air Spacers(tm)" from Superior Solutions. They are made out of a high quality, proprietary material that is not only very strong but also lightweight (the lightest on the market). It's also highly resistant to corrosion which is nice if you drive on treated roads in the winter and since this is unsprung weight the weight advantage is worth considering. Their build quality is exceptional and all surfaces are machined true to within 0.0002" (or better). There are no visible machining marks or other blemishes and they have an unconditional lifetime guarantee. These spacers have been tested under ISO 9001 Quality Assurance standards, and meet the rigid safety criteria of the German TV so you can drive them with the utmost confidence. Furthermore, you can be assured that the unique design of these spacers is guaranteed to not reduce the effective spring rate of the struts (unlike all other competitors spacers). This saves considerable money because all other wheel spacers currently on the market require new strut springs be installed on all four struts in order to maintain the OEM ride firmness which is important to driving enthusiasts. The cost of a spring upgrade (including labor) is substantial and must be factored into the cost of competitors wheel spacers if the excellent stock driving dynamics are to be maintained. Mazda equipped the CX-5 with springs designed to offer superior driving dynamics with some of the lowest body roll in it's class. Lengthening the lever arm of the 4 wheel strut suspension (as all competing spacers do) entails installing strut springs with a higher spring rate to maintain the sporty driving dynamics. Also, these spacers will not impact the proper functioning of the wheel speed sensors or related functions like ABS, TCS, DSC and TPMS and are guaranteed to not affect warranty coverage in any event nor will they increase the liklihood of A arm damage or alignment issues due to pot hole or curb impacts while parking. Competing solutions increase the wheels leverage on the A arm when a curb or pot hole is struck.

The only downside to Air Spacers(tm) is they are only available in a thickness of 0.00" (however this is easily mitigated by their very low cost). In fact, until further notice, Air Spacers are being offered at no cost to CX-5 owners and this offer includes free installation! This solution is fully endorsed by the entire team of automotive chassis engineers who designed the award winning CX-5 (unlike solutions from competitors products). This is one offer CX-5 owners will not want to pass up.

I've been running Air Spacers on my CX-5 for over 2000 miles and they have been performing flawlessly. They definitely feel like they offer more control and a firmer ride than thicker spacers (unless the struts are simultaneously upgraded to compensate for the longer lever arm). I'm definitely very pleased with this solution compared with the high cost of properly implementing competitors solutions.

Yep, we know all that jibberish. My CX-5 is already upgraded with the Mazda-engineered Grand Touring package complete with 19" wheels, rides and handles very well indeed. I'm not planning to alter that setup, other than to have wheels refinished in black.

But my orginal question still stands:

But my orginal question still stands:

Of course your question still stands, only the people who make/sell the spacer can provide an answer to that. From what the CorkSport rep has already said (in typical aftermarket supplier double speak) I gather the wheel speed sensor does not work with the spacer installed. If this is the case, none of the systems that rely on the wheel speed sensor will work properly.

I gather the wheel speed sensor does not work with the spacer installed. If this is the case, none of the systems that rely on the wheel speed sensor will work properly.

Yes, if that's the case, big prob.

bummer....so all spacers regardless of the thickness will throw the sensors off? i'm new to spacers, so i don't know too much about it.

they shouldn't unless they run a different system than honda and subaru... those systems work off a wireless system of sorts that doesn't really regard hub contact as important...

While spacers are cheaper, installing a wider set of wheels will give that wider stance and all the sensors will still work. Look how wide the tires are on the "Urban" displayed at SEMA. Looks like a Cayenne. Of course wider tires will hurt the ride quality and increase sound. Its all about priorities. I'm spending my dollars on a sports car. I love my CX-5, but didn't buy it for high performance or killer looks.

Anyone having a problem just running a 12mm or 10mm spacer in front or rear. I do not want to go 25mm, a little too big. But I don't want to have the TPMS problem I highly doubt 10 or 12mm will do it, but would like to see.

So what's the solution for tire sensor light (since nobody wants that on for no valid reason)?

Several months later and I guess this question was never answered...

I am having difficulty visualizing this issue...
The splined tone wheel is often inside of the spindle/hub, usually on the drive axle. Actually, I haven't taken note of how the CX-5's is situated, but I assume it is set up this way. How would a wheel spacer block the function of the speed sensor/tone wheel?
25MM is quite excessive, though...

That aside, for the effects on handling of altering wheel offset, Google "scrub radius".

It's a shame no one has a definative answer. The OEM 19's are a good looking wheel. If they were only 1-1.5 inches wider and the ridiculous offset corrected. Yes I said rediculous offset. I have yet to see another Mazda where the recessed offset was as noticable and caught my attention. That's why so many of us run aftermarket wheels and tires. Even the guys running 17's typically correct that issue. It's just plain goofy looking! Definitely an oversight @ Mazda on otherwise what's a great car.

I just wish wheels spacers were an option for guys not wanting to replace wheels. I did read of one guy running them and saying they stiffened the ride slightly and dramatically improved the stance.

I know Gwynn is no longer with CS. Looks like overall there isn't much correspondence here by CS regarding their product development, or anything else. I am very curious as to how the spacers defeated their wheel speed sensor function.
Surely there's somebody here running spacers who can chime in here. Though, I still fail to see how they would cause an issue. 25MM is pretty excessive...I think something a bit milder, such as a set of 10MM spacers would be less extreme, and still improve wheel appearance.

This isn't new with Mazda. They always run crazy positive offsets on their OE wheels.

Did someone find out the vendor for the Hubcentric wheels spacers?
I think someone said that they're running 25mm all around without TPMS issues.

Did someone find out the vendor for the Hubcentric wheels spacers?
I think someone said that they're running 25mm all around without TPMS issues.

I've used these Ichiba's on a 370Z...Both styles, Version 1 requiring stud replacement, and Version 2 requiring a simple bolt on.
Lots of Spacer widths to choose from and very nice quality. The CX5 uses the same part as the CX7. Since TPMS is an ABS rotationally based system, spacers should have no affect at all on that system.

http://www.ichibausa.com/searchresults.asp?cat=1207

Last edited:
I've used these Ichiba's on a 370Z...Both styles, Version 1 requiring stud replacement, and Version 2 requiring a simple bolt on.
Lots of Spacer widths to choose from and very nice quality. The CX5 uses the same part as the CX7. Since TPMS is an ABS rotationally based system, spacers should have no affect at all on that system.

http://www.ichibausa.com/searchresults.asp?cat=1207

Thank you ModShack!
I decided to go with 20" wheels for now.

Back