Whats up with the CP-E piggyback for MS3?

C'ville said:
Hows it coming along?

FWIW, a couple weeks ago, Jordan said their EE was getting started on it now that they'd pretty much wrapped up the MS6 version. The MS3 will get a 2nd gen board which has can control more functions. The added functionality will be used to control the dancing throttle plate which is seen as less of an issue with the 6.

desperado-c said:
FWIW, a couple weeks ago, Jordan said their EE was getting started on it now that they'd pretty much wrapped up the MS6 version. The MS3 will get a 2nd gen board which has can control more functions. The added functionality will be used to control the dancing throttle plate which is seen as less of an issue with the 6.

thats music to my ears (band)

desperado-c said:

I couldn't have said it better myself (thumb)

Jordan

(rockon)(cryhard) we have come along way guys... i'm finallly gettin dynotuned this month, hope it goes good!!!(drinks)(2thumbs).. CP-E RULES!!(rockon)

Last edited:
(rockon)(cryhard) we have come along way guys... i'm finallly gettin dynotuned this month, hope it goes good!!!(drinks)(2thumbs).. CP-E RULES!!(rockon)

(rockon)

Excellent!! I wish you the best of luck, but if you need any tips/advice/troubleshooting don't hesitate to give us a call (301-576-6142). Most importantly, if something seems funny before the dyno run DON'T GO! Often times I'll see people going to the dyno despite a CEL or weird quirk, which is not smart. If the Standback isn't installed properly, or not working as expected call us immediately and we'll talk about it.

Advice if this is a daily driven car:

Tune AFR to 11.5:1-12:1 as early as you can manage in the powerband (you will be limited by closed-loop control). That'll give you some power over the stock tune as well as keep temperatures under control.

Do not exceed 18psi boost pressure. A lot of people like to run 19, or even 20psi, and it'll feel great in the low end when the boost hits, but the boost tapers off up top, and you're really stressing the turbo. We've experimented with different boost pressures, and the gains you get from exceeding 18psi are negligible in our opinions. So stick to 18psi or under.

You can add a little timing as necessary. Most SPEED3's can tolerate 2-3 degrees over the stock map on 93 octane, but understand that timing is a double-edged sword. You can make great power by adding timing to a forced induction motor, but its also a great way to blow one up! If you're running anything less then 93 octane then you might just skip the timing adjustments.

So resist the urge to follow the "More is better" adage and tune smart. You may lose 2-3hp across the powerband by not adding that one last degree of timing, but it could also be the difference between a successful dyno run and renting a tow truck back home. But I think if you're patient and conservative you'll be rewarded with a wickedly fast car that you can beat on and not worry about.

Good luck, and have fun! (nana)

This may have been asked before, but is the CP-E piggyback going to be plug & play? If it is, I will to make a desicion on getting the CP-E piggy or the Cobb AP.

This may have been asked before, but is the CP-E piggyback going to be plug & play? If it is, I will to make a desicion on getting the CP-E piggy or the Cobb AP.

Geez, did you just fall off the EMS turnip truck? A PnP harness is in the works and a few units are just about ready to ship for the MS6. But the MS3 has a different PCM and CP-E is still trying to line up a manufacturer / reviewing samples for the PnP connectors. The PnP harness will set you back at least a few hundred on top of the $640 cost of the Standback EMS. But it is tuneable now in contrast with the Cobb AP which won't have tuning software available until the 4th Q (per Cobb), even though they estimate they'll start shipping in a month or so.

Last edited:
Geez, did you just fall off the EMS turnip truck? A PnP harness is in the works and a few units are just about ready to ship for the MS6. But the MS3 has a different PCM and CP-E is still trying to line up a manufacturer / reviewing samples for the PnP connectors. The PnP harness will set you back at least a few hundred on top of the $640 cost of the Standback EMS. But it is tuneable now in contrast with the Cobb AP which won't have tuning software available until the 4th Q (per Cobb), even though they estimate they'll start shipping in a month or so.

Geez, I just did. Sorry if my attention was on a different product. My mistake.

thanks bro!!! advise taken!!

Sure thing! And please do give us a call if you have any questions/concerns!

Couldn't have said it better myself (drive2)

Well, geez, there's also a crazy little thing called "search".

Well geez, like I said before, my mind was on another product and I figured what a better place to ask my question. Oops my mistake. (bowdown)Forgive me.(bowdown)

Back