What have you done to your P5 today?

Hey katya4me where in NoVA are you located? Im in Springfield/Burke area. There are no protege people out here except for me....atleast that i know of...
Down in Woodbridge, but these days I tend to be found mostly at autox and rallyx events.

Got me a nice set of MSP wheels sitting in the boot thanks to a certain CleverFrog. I just need to get tires. I might hold off until spring and run down the tread on the stockers... unless someone wants to buy a used set of Kumho Ecsta 4X's for their stockers? 195/50/16

Definition of bittersweet:

IMG_20130902_173141.jpg

^ I got hit 3 months into owning mine. Car did a bad job, quarter panel isn't close to stock width and paint was chipping off. They immediately went out of business

Well I hope the body shop i took it too gets reamed a new one. This wont be cheap to fix.

Replaced my blower motor resistor.... for $40. I COULD have paid less, but I needed it now, not a week from now. Oh well, I have A/C again.

In other news, picked up some wheel cleaner and will hopefully be ditching the tires off the MSP wheels soon and polishing them up before new tires go on. Any recommendations on tires? I'm leaning towards Bridgestone Potenza S-04 Pole Position. I'm not looking for any kind of racing tire, just something with some better performance for wet/dry. I'll be putting snow tires on the stock wheels for winter.... eventually.

^^^Check out the Conti DW, it's a nice summer tire and performed well in the wet/dry for me.

Changed the oil tonight after dinner. Happy to say that she didn't lose a drop since the engine was replaced. But while topping off the washer fluid I noticed I could see the driveway through the strut tower. :/ Hole is smaller than a dime but I'm sure I could make it bigger if I wanted to.

^^^Check out the Conti DW, it's a nice summer tire and performed well in the wet/dry for me.

Changed the oil tonight after dinner. Happy to say that she didn't lose a drop since the engine was replaced. But while topping off the washer fluid I noticed I could see the driveway through the strut tower. :/ Hole is smaller than a dime but I'm sure I could make it bigger if I wanted to.

i second the conti dw recommendation!

and im scared to look at the rust my strut tower!

I will keep the Conti DW in close mind. However, I'm stuck pushing all money for fun things towards dental work now. Damn responsibility!

removed adhesive from stickers long past from PO. Thinking of fixing the the a/c knobs. it won't go full vents on windshield or quite all the way the other direction, so I guess I should adjust that.

So, the other day I started getting a rough idle at an intersection by my house after about 2-5 minutes from a cold start. I usually just hold the idle around 1500rpm and carry on with the rest of my commute with not problems; normal idle, not dips in power, etc. If I don't hold the idle up, it wants to stall, which it did this morning after I went out to breakfast... then it took a few extra seconds to fire. I just replaced coils, wires and plugs in February-ish and the EGR was replaced a week after I got it last year.

Fuel pump maybe? I'm lost now...

Passed smog and put gas in her. Now she will probably sit for the next week while I drive my Jetta around LOL

Turns out my misfire problem is my EGR.... again. You would THINK that a BRAND NEW one last year (under dealer warranty) would last longer than 19 months. You would think....

Now, is it really that much of a pain to get out and clean? I would like to think no.... but then again I'm still in my learning stages of mechanics.

Back