What have you done to your P5 today?

My flappy bumper was making some people at the lapping club a bit nervous, luckily one of the guys had some duct tape.

+10whp right there^

Nope, the orange tape is actually +15whp

Pretty lucky if you ask me, I can't afford that stuff.

My flappy bumper was making some people at the lapping club a bit nervous, luckily one of the guys had some duct tape.
+10whp right there^

ill hopefully be trying my jb welding of the new bracket in next couple days. now that ive got the miata i dont need to rush through having the jb weld harden up or anything. ill be sure to post pics of the process! (if it works)

put new rear endlinks on the p5. hopefully itll keep the rear from creaking and clunking so much. need to look into the front end shortly as well.

Spent some time today on my ride. Finally rolled my rear fenders to get rid of rubbing issues I had with my RX8 wheels wrapped with Falken ZIEX ZE-912 215/35/18 tires and replaced said tires with Kumho Ecsta LE Sport 225/35/18 ones. So far no rubbing issues when making sharp turns. Will need to see how it turns out with a full load of passengers. With the new tire specs my speedo is now off between 3-4 mph from 2 mph with the previous tires but I like they way the new tires handle and how the sidewall of the tires are now parallel to the face of the wheel than the previous one's which obviously looked to thin for the wheels. Will try to post some pics of my ride and other stuff I added from the last time I posted pics of my car in my garage.

Installed 505zoom CAB and weapon r coolant tank.

null_zpse2cd6649.jpg

Nothing spectacular but I do have USB/AUX/IPOD connections to the stereo now. Added the GROM USB2 and ditched the Sylfex aux input board.

Drove for a total 3hrs this afternoon and picked up my 4th set of wheels for this year :D

Specs are known now as Enkei RPM2 17x7" +45, and weigh only 6.9kg each! :eek:

As previously advised, paint is flaking off 2 of the 4 rims, which doesnt really concern me as they'll be painted over..

IMG_5342.jpg

IMG_5347.jpg

And a photoshop Ben did :p

1003139_10201346569923306_865296199_n.jpg

after so long, why rico? why?*falls to knees* WHY??????????????????????????????????????????????????

Don't worry, he'll get it back soon enough. It's a very strange relationship.

Now for some random pics to liven-up this thread.

Here is my expert flappy bumper repair (done on both sides):
squgwkX.jpg

At the track on Monday there was another Protege, which one of you does this belong to?
cWotWVr.jpg

And finally, from the junkyard yesterday:
989fWqY.jpg

How many P5s can you spot?

fixed my piece of junk Isport spoiler, not sure how people can charge good money for pieces that really do not fit properly.

after 5 mins with the dremel
IMG-20130723-01100_zps7c95c6c1.jpg

before the shell was trimmed
IMG-20130723-01101_zpscb0898a7.jpg

no matter how hard you pushed the pieces would never touch
IMG-20130722-01098_zps8726e52a.jpg

many thanks to Circuit for the help to get this to fit better.

Last edited:
theres like nothing wrong with those cars, get me some parts. lol

Now for some random pics to liven-up this thread.

Here is my expert flappy bumper repair (done on both sides):
squgwkX.jpg

At the track on Monday there was another Protege, which one of you does this belong to?
cWotWVr.jpg

989fWqY.jpg

Was time to let go ..back into a platform I had before and easier / better to mod mod

Was time to let go ..back into a platform I had before and easier / better to mod mod

what did you pick up? The one car of mine that i miss is my old ae86 corolla. It was my first car i had modded and man did i spend alot of money on it. lol

989fWqY.jpg

That TURDcel looks MINT!!!!!

My mom used to have an old '91 Turcel... 5sp, putting down a sick 75WHP-ish, same color. That thing never died. Then she traded it in for an actually mint '92 Accord.

Those 2 P5s look sad... and it makes me sad. That poor laser blue one sitting the Focus, an EH2 Civic(?), and a FAT Windstar. I think I'm going to cry... :'(

I WAS planning on doing the exhaust this fall and maybe the suspension, but I've switched some priorities around. I really need to do some maintenance (brakes, oil, coolant, etc.) before Winter. I'm going to pick up a Gen4 Glock23 here in a few weeks... AND I'm going on a brewer tour next week, so my funds are basically tied up. I graduate in December and will probably be looking at a new car sometime in the Spring. Crazy days!!!!

989fWqY.jpg

That looks like a Millennia off to the far right on the bottom? Better than the yard I found. I did score a wiper stalk from an MPV for $50 though. Not amazing, but its nice having adjustable intermittent wipers!

The P5s, aside from being crushed, look okay. The front on the dark blue one looks like all their bits are good. Same with the light blue. (I don't know my paint codes very well)

Latest posts

Back