What have you done to your Mazda5 today?

I parked it in the wrong spot! :(

That sucks, TT!

That crap happens on my street, too. Once an Acura came flying down the street and hit the parked 3/4 ton pickup across the street which swung the tail of the Acura into my old Honda Civic I had parked across from the truck. That truck got pushed about 20 feet.

Another time on my street an Altima hit a friend's parked Camry at a quartering head on blow. The Camry got knocked back 25 or so feet and the Altima landed on its roof.

Then there is . . . aw, I'll just stop now. I'm sorry to hear it happened to you.

All this on a narrow neighborhood street with a 30 mph speed limit, but 50% of the people do 40 mph. I wish people would save their speed needs for the main roads.

Thanks everyone, it does suck! I've had it since new and always took good care of it, what a crappy way to let it go. I always thought we would keep it ~10 years and sell it off to some lucky owner with the really low miles and perfect maintenance where it would live on happily with a newly started family. Right now it looks like we are staying in the 5 family once we get the insurance money. Its either going to be a 14 or 15 Touring or GT, not sure Used or New because they are all priced so closely its hard to decide. The worst part is cannibalizing the old one of all the add ons in preparation for the inevitable goodbye. Right now we are caught up in insurance hell, it may turn out this guy is not insured but our insurance will cover us regardless. However, we are stuck waiting for now. Once I get the news, I'll head on down to the body shop and strip out the heated mirrors, rear camera, remote starter and roof rack.

Update for anyone interested. The initial estimate for repair is just under $8800 so it's going to be a total loss. An absolute shame she came to an end like this but it's out of my hands. Due to many outside factors limiting our budget for this car right now, we will most likely be getting a New 2015 GT to replace the 09. It looks like I'll be around a bit longer before I switch platforms now so I hope the extra toys and updates keep me happy.

oh wow nice estimate! what a shame. . Glad your sticking to a 5 tho :) and staying around here , but like Silentnoise said, +'12 is meh , to curvy for me and that rear hatch window just annoys me. but I guess finding a mint pre '12 would be hard?

I tried looking for another 09, lowest mileage I saw was 90k and amazingly $9500! If insurance offers me the car, does anyone want to buy it for parts? Body has under 38k mi, tires are Michelin's with 7000mi, rear shocks have 4000mi, interior is very clean, never hit other than this lol. I'll also post a thread parting out the mods I stripped off.

It's Marine Park, Brooklyn. A very quiet street, extra wide, even has a light at the corner before my house. It used be a stop sign, the light contributes to a lot more speeding now even though our ass off a mayor dropped the speed limit to a mere 25.

I tried looking for another 09, lowest mileage I saw was 90k and amazingly $9500! If insurance offers me the car, does anyone want to buy it for parts? Body has under 38k mi, tires are Michelin's with 7000mi, rear shocks have 4000mi, interior is very clean, never hit other than this lol. I'll also post a thread parting out the mods I stripped off.

I'd totally be up for that 08-10 front-end and LED tails. Only if I weren't in Alaska...

I'd totally be up for that 08-10 front-end and LED tails. Only if I weren't in Alaska...
Sorry can't help with that :) One tail light was busted before the accident but a new one is sitting on a box in the basement I never had time to install.... Plus 4 new coated rotors with Power stop pads.... I really hate this situation.

It's Marine Park, Brooklyn. A very quiet street, extra wide, even has a light at the corner before my house. It used be a stop sign, the light contributes to a lot more speeding now even though our ass off a mayor dropped the speed limit to a mere 25.

Yeah, it's just a revenue grab disguised as a safety program. People now speed on side streets where there are no cameras. The Law of Unintended Consequences strikes again...

Shoes!

Pothole killed one of my stock rims..checked craigslist for a replacement and ran into some 17x7 msr for $125.00.

Attachments

• mazda5.jpg
    mazda5.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 858
Installed some goodies this weekend:

• Lamin-x fog light film
  • Nokya Yellow Fog Bulbs
  • TRS Clear Lens for HID projectors
  • Hella Trumpet Horns

IMG_3129.jpg

IMG_3126.jpg

clearlens.jpg

IMG_3124.jpg

20160521_110336.jpg

IMG_3140.jpg

IMG_3151.jpg

Last edited:
Going in the morning to have my coilovers/sway bar/camber kit installed. Was going to do it myself but I had a major surgery now can't do it. It's only going to cost $200 to install so not to bad I think. Will post pics soon

Vacuumed it, cleaned up all the dirt from when I hauled sod with it a while back, and installed my "new to me" head unit and all-season mats!
Looks better inside and sounds great!

Thanks Secondtyme, for the killer deal on the mats and stereo stuff! :D

Back