What did you pay for your CX-9?

2019 CX9 GT Snow White Pearl Metallic Black Interior Front Wheel Drive

$40,000.00 O-T-D

Spreen Mazda Loma Linda Calif.

Purchased yesterday.

I'm shopping now and the best I'm seeing is $4,000 off MSRP. Actually a little better than that because they're throwing in tint and a couple of other dealer added 'options' that I've stated are of no value to me. I'm sure the price will come down more as time goes on but I'm ready to purchase.

Edit: Purchased my 2019 GT Saturday. Car price was $4,000 off MSRP (negotiated that first without anything else) including tint and door clear film edge/door handle pocket guards that were on sticker as dealer add-ons for $1500 (cough, cough).

After that was established dealer discounted a 7 year/100,000 mile/$100 deductible Mazda Extended Protection Plan down to $1,300. I also got what I thought was a very fair price on my trade.

I sent a number of emails to numerous dealers in 2 states and got the $4,000 off list bottom line price from a few of them. That seems to be THE number in our area and it includes Mazda's current $1,000 customer rebate. I didn't qualify of any other discounts.

What dealership did you buy from if you don't mind me asking? I'm in the Phoenix area and shopping CX-9's and 5's. That seems like a fantastic price (4k off MSRP ) on a 2019. Cardinal Mazda in Peoria has 2018 GT's AWD ( which I want) and their internet price is like 43k. I'm going tomorrow to kick some tires. The starting number on those cars needs to be a "3". How much nicer is the new LCD gauge cluster than the 2018? Worth the money to upgrade?

Any updates on prices people are getting for 19 CX-9s?
After about 6 months of looking at vehicles I'm ready to buy a 19 CX-9 GT AWD. I've seen a couple used 19 GTs w/AWD with less then 10k miles listed for $36-37K. I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to beat that on a brand new one with a MSRP around $43,600. I get flight benefits with my job so I'm willing to travel if the price is worth it.

I just got my '19 GT AWD in Soul Red for $40,192. With all the taxes and fees it came out to just under $42,800 out the door.

Coming from an Acura TSX SportWagon and Lexus IS300 Sportcross, I'm very excited to have a '19 CX-9 AWD in Micah Blue.

Paid $39,588 - $1000 Feb incentive, OTD was around $43k. This was in the San Jose area, CA.

This car drives so wonderfully.

EDIT: Sorry, GT trim

Last edited:
coming from an acura tsx sportwagon and lexus is300 sportcross, i'm very excited to have a '19 cx-9 awd in micah blue.

Paid $39,588 - $1000 feb incentive, otd was around $43k. This was in the san jose area, ca.

This car drives so wonderfully.
gt?

Shopping for a Signature in white with front / rear splash guards. MSRP is $46,710.

Have contacted 10 dealers. Best price I've received (not including Doc / Admin fee or state taxes) is $42,800. This is only 8% off MSRP. Anybody getting any better?

Trying to decide whether to pull the trigger or wait until May or early June in hopes of improved incentives from Mazda. Thoughts?

Chad

What dealership did you buy from if you don't mind me asking? I'm in the Phoenix area and shopping CX-9's and 5's. That seems like a fantastic price (4k off MSRP ) on a 2019. Cardinal Mazda in Peoria has 2018 GT's AWD ( which I want) and their internet price is like 43k. I'm going tomorrow to kick some tires. The starting number on those cars needs to be a "3". How much nicer is the new LCD gauge cluster than the 2018? Worth the money to upgrade?

Sorry, I didn't see your post earlier. Bought it at Chapman on Bell Rd. We wanted the '19 for the Android Auto/Apple Carplay and ventilated seats. Can't compare the gauge cluster as I only saw the older one during test drive and wasn't focused on it. I blanketed emails to all Phoenix area dealers and a few California ones asking for best out-the-door price for my very specific specific specs. I created a special email address and got a burner phone number to avoid dealers hounding me. Discussed trade once price was finalized on the new Mazda. Deal was done in less than a week with no games. I had a good experience with Chapman on test drive a couple of months earlier so gave them last look. Overall I was very happy with all aspects of the deal. Sorry for the delayed response. Good luck!

i bought 19 Signature Jet black for $45,000 taxes, fees included and free rubber mats. This was on 12/31, Suburban Mazda of Troy, MI

What's the price of the car? OTD is different for everyone, state-to-state, even dealer-to-dealer, because of different fees/taxes/etc.

Contacted 20 dealers. Best price for a CX-9 Signature in white was $42,700. Paying cash. Price includes all fees and taxes (other than state sales tax).

Contacted 20 dealers. Best price for a CX-9 Signature in white was $42,700. Paying cash. Price includes all fees and taxes (other than state sales tax).

That is pretty good. Honestly, you should be able to finance for less (but pay more).

I'm in the San Francisco Bay Area, contacted a number of dealers and used TrueCar to request a "True Price". Lots of bait and switch, it smelled like, but I was able to to get $38,588k before TTL/fees on a '19 GT AWD (this price already factored in Mazda $1k cashback), so OTD was about $42.5k.

Not the best deal but not bad I suppose. Never go into negotiations after a long day at work... always a good lesson.

EDIT: Sorry for posting twice...

Last edited:
What's the price of the car? OTD is different for everyone, state-to-state, even dealer-to-dealer, because of different fees/taxes/etc.

How much of $45K was state sales tax?

I would have to go look at papers, i think it was around 42.5k. They made numbers so it all equaled to $45k in the end.
(($42.5k+dealer fees+mats)-$500 incentive)+6%tax=$45k

I called dealer around noon on 12/31, offered to pay $45k all in for car they had on the lot. Told them i would bring a check and pick up the car same day. They said they would call me back, 15 minutes later we had a deal, and 5 hours later i picked up the car.

Best car buying experience of my life, literally took 15 minutes to sign all pre-prepared papers and i was out with new car.

Last edited:
Just got a deal for a 2019 brand new CX-9 GT AWD for $38080. OTD price for NJ is $41,400 including TTL. Is this a good deal or no?

Last edited:
Got a quote of $39650 for a 2019 CX-9 GT FWD with 0.9% financing for 60 months. It seems a bit higher than expected, especially since the 2020 model is due for introduction in the next few weeks (or months?). If it was an AWD, I would have taken the deal already.

I was quoted $38,128 on a 2019 GT FWD in the Dallas area. MSRP was $41,835.

$39,830 for a 2019 GT AWD. MSRP was $43,635.

Back