What did you pay for your CX-5?

If you're getting the $4500 + $2k customer cash too, then go ahead and buy it. This is the price I got, and the best one out there. I mean if you wanna try for some free accessories and oil changes, you can probably swing it, but you're not getting a bad deal $ wise, regardless...

Yes definitely getting the $2000 cash deal. They backpedaled on the extra $500 off so OTD Is $31,107 and $2K cash back. So the final offer is $4000 off MSRP and $2000 cash deal. We are going to do it. Thanks for the input

Correction - they clarified that the $2000 cash is part of the discount on the car, not in addition.

Correction - they clarified that the $2000 cash is part of the discount on the car, not in addition.

Oh shame. Still that's a little over 12% off MSRP which is pretty good. But since it's a 16.5 would have thought maybe better deals could be had, but I could be wrong.

Still pretty reasonable though. Hell best I could do for mine was only about 5% off MSRP back in the day LOL!

Last edited:
Oh shame. Still that's a little over 12% off MSRP which is pretty good. But since it's a 16.5 would have thought maybe better deals could be had, but I could be wrong.

Still pretty reasonable though. Hell best I could do for mine was only about 5% off MSRP back in the day LOL!

Yea, I wouldn't accept anything less than 15% on a 16.5 now, and I still think that's too high. 18% is more like it, and you may get lucky and snag 20%...

Thanks. Still working on it with a couple of dealers. Invoice on the car we're looking at is $27759 so not sure how close or far we can get from that. Thanks for the input and opinions- appreciate it!

Thanks. Still working on it with a couple of dealers. Invoice on the car we're looking at is $27759 so not sure how close or far we can get from that. Thanks for the input and opinions- appreciate it!

Which dealers are you working with? I'm in LA and emailed a TON of dealers while I was looking for my '17.

Emailed a lot of dealers in Orange County and only a couple in LA

Puente Hills and Cerritos Mazda were giving me pretty good offers on '17. I would look at the dealers' inventory page to see how many '16.5 they still have to get rid of. Those are the dealers that may be more determined to sell for cheap.

Hello, I'm new to Mazda. Looking for '17 CX-5.

Question: is there a general trend of specials/discounts/offers throughout the Year of Release of a model (in my case, '17 CX-5)?

I skimmed through the posts herein and contacted some dealers in Dallas area. I understand '17 CX-5 currently has the OFFICIAL special of 0 APR (36 months) which expires end of July. Typically dealers (in my area) offers starting price (that can be further negotiated over) ~$1500-2000 off MSRP for '17 and ~$4000 off MSRP for '16.5. Does that mean if I wait for a few more months, the starting price for '17 won't get much lower (referring to '16.5 as an example)? After this July Offer of 0 APR, do you typically expect another round of OFFICIAL specials before the release of '18 CX-5, or it's totally left to the decisions of each dealer?

I know no one could tell future, I'm simply asking for the general experiences/observations of Mazda drivers here throughout the past few years. Thanks!

Hello, I'm new to Mazda. Looking for '17 CX-5.

Question: is there a general trend of specials/discounts/offers throughout the Year of Release of a model (in my case, '17 CX-5)?

I skimmed through the posts herein and contacted some dealers in Dallas area. I understand '17 CX-5 currently has the OFFICIAL special of 0 APR (36 months) which expires end of July. Typically dealers (in my area) offers starting price (that can be further negotiated over) ~$1500-2000 off MSRP for '17 and ~$4000 off MSRP for '16.5. Does that mean if I wait for a few more months, the starting price for '17 won't get much lower (referring to '16.5 as an example)? After this July Offer of 0 APR, do you typically expect another round of OFFICIAL specials before the release of '18 CX-5, or it's totally left to the decisions of each dealer?

I know no one could tell future, I'm simply asking for the general experiences/observations of Mazda drivers here throughout the past few years. Thanks!

Trajectory for 2016 was that - normal discounts were about 5%-7%
In sept 16 I got mine for 12.2% off = which was high at that time.
When 17 came out - some owners scored 18% off msrp. Recently i believe the bar is 20% which means top loaded AWD GT going for 27+ taxes.

Ofcourse with Mazda it is easier to get discounts with GT than Sport / Touring since the volume of GT is 50% or higher.
So for 17 it could do similar. Chances of scoring really well are towards month end.

You are in Dallas - there are many onwers here from DFW.
I bought mine from ElDorado. We have people who like Town North. I service at Freeman and like them. I did not like Hiley much - so wont be going there.

Trajectory for 2016 was that - normal discounts were about 5%-7%
In sept 16 I got mine for 12.2% off = which was high at that time.
When 17 came out - some owners scored 18% off msrp. Recently i believe the bar is 20% which means top loaded AWD GT going for 27+ taxes.

Ofcourse with Mazda it is easier to get discounts with GT than Sport / Touring since the volume of GT is 50% or higher.
So for 17 it could do similar. Chances of scoring really well are towards month end.

You are in Dallas - there are many onwers here from DFW.
I bought mine from ElDorado. We have people who like Town North. I service at Freeman and like them. I did not like Hiley much - so wont be going there.

very, very helpful... thanks!!

After this July Offer of 0 APR, do you typically expect another round of OFFICIAL specials before the release of '18 CX-5, or it's totally left to the decisions of each dealer?!

It's at the discretion of the manufacturer as special financing offers are manufacturer incentives offered directly to the consumer. Mazda may give additional monthly, quarterly, or year-end incentives to dealers, which is not typically disclosed to the public. This allows the dealers to mark down vehicles at their discretion. That's why some dealers are able to mark down more or less depending on how sales are going for them in a particular month.

That being said, Mazda may come out with another financing offer and/or cash incentive -- although the latter is unlikely for a '17 model while 16.5s are still readily available on dealers lots -- or extend the 0%/36 through the end of August and come out with new Labor Day offer at the last minute like they did with July 4th.

If you're not in a hurry to purchase, I would wait until at least end of Aug. If you're itching, start emailing dealers now as we're approaching the end of July and a dealer may make a special offer to hit their numbers for the month to get a bonus. I started emailing dealers in May and didn't purchase until July during the July 4th financing special (0% up to 63 months, 90-days deferred payment).

Of course, if you're financing through your own bank or CU, this is all moot. I would hold out until later in the year for a '17 and a cash rebate. Just my 2-cents.

It's at the discretion of the manufacturer as special financing offers are manufacturer incentives offered directly to the consumer. Mazda may give additional monthly, quarterly, or year-end incentives to dealers, which is not typically disclosed to the public. This allows the dealers to mark down vehicles at their discretion. That's why some dealers are able to mark down more or less depending on how sales are going for them in a particular month.

That being said, Mazda may come out with another financing offer and/or cash incentive -- although the latter is unlikely for a '17 model while 16.5s are still readily available on dealers lots -- or extend the 0%/36 through the end of August and come out with new Labor Day offer at the last minute like they did with July 4th.

If you're not in a hurry to purchase, I would wait until at least end of Aug. If you're itching, start emailing dealers now as we're approaching the end of July and a dealer may make a special offer to hit their numbers for the month to get a bonus. I started emailing dealers in May and didn't purchase until July during the July 4th financing special (0% up to 63 months, 90-days deferred payment).

Of course, if you're financing through your own bank or CU, this is all moot. I would hold out until later in the year for a '17 and a cash rebate. Just my 2-cents.

Totally makes sense! Will take your advices!! Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah we had contacted several dealers who didn't have or couldn't get the car we're looking for. We just found one in LA with fewer options with an MSRP of $30825 and they're offering $4K off that. So $26825 and out-the-door $29718 (taxes & fees seem a little high at $2893). Still negotiating that deal but that's where we're at right now. Thanks for all the input- much appreciated.

So $26825 and out-the-door $29718 (taxes & fees seem a little high at $2893). Still negotiating that deal but that's where we're at right now. Thanks for all the input- much appreciated.

They're probably quoting you tax based on LA county tax rate. I see you're from Irvine. If vehicle is registered in OC, you're looking at a couple hundred dollars less in tax, but $2893 for TTL is about right for LA given the price they quoted for the car.

Back