What did you pay for your CX-5?

MSRP is manufacturer suggested retail price. Dealer can set it's own price however he pleases to. On top of that you pay sales tax (where aplicable) and title/registration fees. That's all good. What pissed me off yesterday is that the dealer tried to hit me with almost $1000 of different fees (like prep/detailing fee or fuel surcharge, as Mazda apparently forces them to deliver car with full tank) nobody cared to mention up to the point when we started signing papers. I almost walked away at that point.

You should have walked away at that point. If not, you just agreed to hand them an extra $1000 for nothing. Dealing with the internet sales manager of several dealerships will probably get you close to invoice pricing and the dealer you choose to go with won't add on $1000 extra as you would just go to the next one on your list.

you should always negotiate to an 'out the door' price. simplifies things and takes care of all the fees they try to tack on

Just took delivery of my new CX-5 Touring with Tech and Bose pkgs, and a few accessories...Love it!
What I love most is the price...NUTHIN...won it in a local contest here in MA sponsored by local TV FOX 25 in conjunction with Mazda. Mazda even paid for the upgrade...gotta love those guys.
You can check out the contest at www.myfoxboston.com and click on ZIP TRIP.
This will be replacing my '93 MPV with 190K on it.

ahahah that's the way to do it!! :D enjoy man, always wanted to win big in one of those sweepstakes. Nice little upgrade over the MPV too (lol2)

z-man - Well done! Congrats on your CX-5 at an unbeatable price. I'm sure you will enjoy the new ride.

I just drove home with a CX-5 Grand Touring with Tech package. I paid straight MSRP, but did get 0.9% financing. My dealer didn't have the color I wanted (sky blue), so they swapped with another dealer. Because of the swap, I was able to get a few dealer added accessories for free that the other dealer already added. (wheel locks, roof rack, bumper guard, and window deflectors).

Congratulations Bob! What a great way to enter the CX-5 family!

Judging by your ear-to-ear smile, it looks like you had a lot of fun winning.

One question, did that sexy woman in the green dress come with the car?(lol2)

You chaps are a lucky bunch! Here in the UK we are still awaiting our first shipments of the CX5. I ordered my 2WD diesel sport nav in June and my dealer has told me that I will get delivery on December! In addition, whether you pay invoice or invoice+ you are getting a good deal. Prices in the UK start at almost 22000. My sport nav will cost me 25500 and that's with the nav thrown in for free. Look at current exchange rates to see what you would pay in dollars. Even so, can't wait until December. Always been a sucker for the smell of a new car!

I just picked up a CX-5 Grand Touring AWD for $28,750 (including the $795 delivery fee), which is $640 below MSRP and $184 above invoice. (It was technically $28,600 + a bogus $150 "document fee" that WA dealers like to add.) The only additional items were actual state registration fee and sales tax.

Awaiting my Stormy Blue GT with no options MSRP $29,390
$27,966 w/$500 loyalty
$309 dealer doc & registration
+tax
4.85% under
$600 under dealer invoice of $28,566

Last edited:
Taking delivery today @3:00 after having to wait 3 weeks for it to get here!(cabpatch)
Metro gray GT AWD. Paid $32421 plus taxes. ($37276 in loonies). No dealer 'extras' other than wheel locks. Buying everything else aftermarket...dealer prices were way too high.

From what I had researched, it was dealer cost + $830. Never really know for sure though.
I sure hope it's more zoom-zoom and not 'putt-putt'. Coming off a fully mod vw passat 210lbs@250tq...

Just got a FWD CX-5 GT with Tech Package in Stormy Blue. It has roof rails too. I did not need those, but this was the lowest offer I got for a GT with Tech package in the colors that I wanted.
Paid $28431 + fees + taxes (8.75%) : $31322 out the door.

Last edited:
Just purchased an AWD GT w/ Tech Package. Black Mica/Sand Leather

Paid $29,650 + $299 doc fee + tax/title/registration from Quirk Mazda in Quincy, MA.

Not an amazing deal, but given that the AWD Grand Tourings are in very short supply here in Massachusetts, I'm pretty happy with it. This replaces a 2012 Kia Sorento that was recently totaled.

Purchased FWD Touring with Tech & Bose package (Metropolitan gray) for 26,181$ plus the fees and taxes came to 28, 500$. Used loyalty and Costco Auto Program...Santa Barbara (Perry Ford). Managed to get 0.9% financing and picked the 3 year option, saving bunch on the interest :)))

Last edited:
Hey guys N gals. I just picked up a Pearl White Touring with Bose/sunroof, and a few little extras for $25,312 + TTL....I think it was $26,670 out the door. I am really happy with the CX5 so far. I just wish the sun would come out so I could enjoy the Pearl paint. I think I did pretty good with the price but they are so new I can't tell.

Back in June I paid MSRP for my CX-5 AWD with Tech Package, it was $32,758 OTD. Still not much is being taken off for the GT's I see.

Gots me a Pearl White AWD Touring with Moon roof, Bose, All weather mats, bumperguard, Cargo cover, Roof Rack and Wheel locks for $26,664 out the door...... Yea!

Stormy blue Gt + tech 35000$ otd with two year extra warranty. All the dealers in nyc area won't negotiate for anything under 30500$. Ridiculous but happy with a new car. So far only 25 mpg with half highway and half city driving about 200 miles on it. Hopefully it will get better

Back