What components are people using...

Search function is your friend....there are a lot more hits than the few below.

Thanks for the links. Found the bass pro one, but was looking for more specifics on the door and tweeter options. The one post mentions compatibility issues. Wonder if that includes the head unit as well as amp?

The Bose amplifier wants to see really low impedance speakers. I think the Bose drivers are either 1.5 or 1 ohm. Finding aftermarket drivers with impedance that low that are actually worth having is going to be a challenge.

The best option is to dump the crappy Bose amp and speakers and replace them both with aftermarket. There are a myriad of high end options such as Brax, Helix, Mosconi, Focal, or Linear Power (which is what I run) just to name a few.

You need to actually listen to the various speakers yourself to know what sounds good to your ears. While we can certainly tell you what we like, nobody can tell you what you like.

The Bose amplifier wants to see really low impedance speakers. I think the Bose drivers are either 1.5 or 1 ohm. Finding aftermarket drivers with impedance that low that are actually worth having is going to be a challenge.

The best option is to dump the crappy Bose amp and speakers and replace them both with aftermarket. There are a myriad of high end options such as Brax, Helix, Mosconi, Focal, or Linear Power (which is what I run) just to name a few.

You need to actually listen to the various speakers yourself to know what sounds good to your ears. While we can certainly tell you what we like, nobody can tell you what you like.
Thank you for the reply. Not looking for thumping bass, just crystal clear sound. Thank you for the info and suggestions.

Thank you for the reply. Not looking for thumping bass, just crystal clear sound. Thank you for the info and suggestions.
The brands I mentioned are extremely high quality. You'll hardly ever find Brax in a bass head's ride! And if you did, I'd be completely shocked!

One other thing you really need to consider is running a DSP. A really good tune by someone who knows what they're doing can turn a good stereo into an amazing one.

I'm using Digital Designs components up front and the coax in the rear doors.

I am running 100 watts RMS to them using an addon amplifier and a DSP. as @theblooms mentioned a DSP can really make a word of difference.

I'm using Digital Designs components up front and the coax in the rear doors.

I am running 100 watts RMS to them using an addon amplifier and a DSP. as @theblooms mentioned a DSP can really make a word of difference.
Going to a shop tomorrow that carries Digital Design. Thank you for your information.

@Mike Allen , if you're running 100W to the components, I can easily recommend Hertz components or Focal's Flax series. With 100W / channel, I'd shoot for components rated with 70-90W RMS. Hertz also has the Cento series too, that seem pretty darn awesome. When I do installs, I like to power the components somewhere between their RMS rating and Peak. I tend to keep the gains on the lower end going no higher than like... 3/8ths after tuning. Obviously, it highly depends on the set up. I have yet to go past halfway on a gain setting when doing custom installs.

If your budget allows it, Focal's Flax line provides one of my favorite sound signatures. It's unlike their usual profile though, leaning more to warmer and neutral sounding highs. Midbass is on point with extra power too.

I set my gains with an oscilloscope.
IMG_20141005_164857.jpg

If you don't have access to a scope or a D'Amore Engineering DD-1, there's a different trick you can do using a cheap piezo speaker.

I set my gains with an oscilloscope.
View attachment 297301

If you don't have access to a scope or a D'Amore Engineering DD-1, there's a different trick you can do using a cheap piezo speaker.
Pretty darn cool! I tune by ear x.x... I find that volume gets too loud when trying set gains to headunit max volume. Getting to that distortion level by ear hurts. Lol. Using tools get scary too. I should definitely try out an oscilloscope with the few requests I'm getting to install. Talk about pro man!!

Pretty darn cool! I tune by ear x.x... I find that volume gets too loud when trying set gains to headunit max volume. Getting to that distortion level by ear hurts. Lol. Using tools get scary too. I should definitely try out an oscilloscope with the few requests I'm getting to install. Talk about pro man!!
If you're shopping for an oscilloscope, be aware that the really, really cheap ones, like the $50 ones on Amazon or eBay, they don't have the resolution to truly get it right. At that point, it's best to just get a DD-1. My scope retails about $400, but I lucked out when someone on eBay misspelled the name, and I scored it for $60!

@Mike Allen , if you're running 100W to the components, I can easily recommend Hertz components or Focal's Flax series. With 100W / channel, I'd shoot for components rated with 70-90W RMS. Hertz also has the Cento series too, that seem pretty darn awesome. When I do installs, I like to power the components somewhere between their RMS rating and Peak. I tend to keep the gains on the lower end going no higher than like... 3/8ths after tuning. Obviously, it highly depends on the set up. I have yet to go past halfway on a gain setting when doing custom installs.

If your budget allows it, Focal's Flax line provides one of my favorite sound signatures. It's unlike their usual profile though, leaning more to warmer and neutral sounding highs. Midbass is on point with extra power too.
Thank you for the reply and information.

Back