Veteran's Mazdabeast 3 Big Turbo Build

man i dig you rebuild guys slap'n turbo's on. i'm just learning about turbos so read'n these threads is whats up...

Nice parts! I like the CP Pistons, they make a quality piece, prob best on the market right now i think. We've used these a few time at work in a few of our builds. And i like the powdercoating, was thinkin shooting my valve cover wrinkle red this spring.

the pistons are great...it amazes me that they are so much stronger than the factory pistons as well as lighter. also...i love the crinkle look. it makes any part look and feel great. it almost feels like a heavy plastic. i almost went with a vein shot...but decided not to just because the red is a tad too dark for my color scheme, as you can see...

veinandcandyred.jpg

also, just to update everyone...all of the parts are in my possession to start building except the block which had its cylinder bore and honing finished. im just waiting to get the crank dye dipped to check for any imperfections and to see if the block needs line bored. should be done today or monday. and im hoping to build the new block at my house over spring break and slap it in sunday afternoon and have it running so that i can take it to agile motorsports to see Hill.

sick build and avatar. muy impressivo. but got to ask, 08speed3"veteran" ex-military? or just a prior speed owner. either is awesome!

got my dump tube and flange setup. its a vband setup that goes from the ford 5 bolt pattern on the turbo to the mazda 5 bolt on the downpipe...

SANY0960.jpg
[/IMG]

SANY0959.jpg
[/IMG]

SANY0958.jpg
[/IMG]

SANY0957.jpg
[/IMG]

SANY0956.jpg
[/IMG]

the pistons are great...it amazes me that they are so much stronger than the factory pistons as well as lighter. also...i love the crinkle look. it makes any part look and feel great. it almost feels like a heavy plastic. i almost went with a vein shot...but decided not to just because the red is a tad too dark for my color scheme, as you can see...

Yes, we do powdercoating at work, and the wrinkle always looks good. And piston wise, we've used forged pistons from Diamond, JE, SRP, Wiseco, Mahle, and Keith Black, but CP seems to be the nicest piece lately

Are you going back to IAG for the tune or do you think that was the reason for the boom?

just to update everyone...the car is a week or two from being finished. anyone who has done this before knows that more often than not there is always some small little idiotic part that your missing that causes everything to be put on hold until it can be ordered and received. well i think we are just about over that part and into pure build mode. its being built by scott at Redline Performance & Maintenance on Jonestown road in harrisburg, PA. its a brand new shop, so new, that there isnt even a sign up yet. scott also built this...

SANY0893.jpg

SANY0892.jpg

SANY0897-1.jpg

SANY0891.jpg

fastest street legal evo. 900 HP on pump gas and still has working AC lol.

What kind of Horsepower range are you hoping for

well, my street tune im hoping to have a nice and safe 400 to 450. after that tune and everything is broken in ill go for the balls out 550 tune. the turbo is good to 605, the block is NOT sleeved, but it is brand new with the .020 bore and mark from SU said that i should be good for that kind of power. he said even with the stock injectors i should be fine, but better believe that when beefier injectors come out ill be first in line. i also will be getting meth of course.

Having to be a responsible old dude that need the warranty for 2 more years on my Speed, I'm loving this thread. Thanks for sharing man.

Ah damn I'm mad jelly right now. Wish I could afford a GT3071, HPFP, and clutch.

I got my block bored/sleeved with Carillo rods and CP pistons by a shop after I bent a rod. Turns out they messed up and I'm getting a bit of piston slap at all times and when I confronted them, they ran away. I have their info so I already contacted a law office and am currently awaiting their response.

I have the worst luck and seeing as how your build is going so well, I can't help but be envious. I spent $7k+ just to have them run away. Will be getting clutch, better HPFP, and GT3071 when I get my money back from the shop. Of course, those parts are going to be added on after I hire another shop to rebuild the engine. Best of luck to you, bro.

Back