Turbo Rotary Mazda B2600i Minitruck Build!

You got maybe 1/2" of clearance between the firewall and the engine? That's some pretty tight tolerances.

Now I see how the rear airbags work on that pivot point to actuate the rear. Why mount them at that location though? For uniqueness or to give you more room in the back?

You got maybe 1/2" of clearance between the firewall and the engine? That's some pretty tight tolerances.

Now I see how the rear airbags work on that pivot point to actuate the rear. Why mount them at that location though? For uniqueness or to give you more room in the back?

Pretty much did it for ride and mass amounts of lift. They were supposed to be completely inside the cab for looks purposes, but i like how this turned out better.

4b5b836275586a17a8f0d27d2fcc2c83.jpg

5e542d815814505640e635c9b5c75c9f.jpg

1bdd64215b022aad30a94cd133ba3948.jpg

cf76ecba6dd23617aec16b5d13170c50.jpg

fa4890746acf4a538b55bda641dcc0bb.jpg

Closeup of the tig weld on my frame.

5f8e4d3180bb5351a3399b889c723628.jpg

That bed already looks awesome as is and those welds are outstanding. Are you going to leave the bed as is or are there other ideas in the works? Can't wait to see it completed.

Then it will be time to disassemble everything, paint and powder coat and reassemble?

Pretty much. Got a lot of wiring and such before that as well as custom axles and a driveline and fuel, oil and brake lines. You know all of the expensive tedious little s*** that takes forever.

I'd powdercoat the frame clear. That way, you can see these beautiful welds and neat discoloration.

Thats pretty much what im leaning towards right now but have to get all of the deep scratches out. Throwing around a few ideas right now. Thanks for the input [emoji106]

Bring it on! Great to see all these progress pics, each view of the build blows me away...You're taking custom to the extreme in really cool and innovative ways...I'm not a minitrucker myself but I dig the look and this thread has GOT to be inspiring people (it is to me)!

Keep it up and keep us posted! (rockon)

Looking good! Seems like you already have a co-driver too.
She loves both of my trucks!

Bring it on! Great to see all these progress pics, each view of the build blows me away...You're taking custom to the extreme in really cool and innovative ways...I'm not a minitrucker myself but I dig the look and this thread has GOT to be inspiring people (it is to me)!

Keep it up and keep us posted! (rockon)
Thanks Antoine and thanks for the ig shoutout! This truck is starting to get popular and its not even close to done. I have big shoes to fill and im hoping i can bring it all together in a tasteful manner.

^^^ Did you get the transmission rebuilt or is it just very clean? I cleaned/rebuilt mine but I'm always on the lookout for other options. Not a single "transmission shop" near me wanted to touch a 5-speed.

Back