Turbo question

Short answer: yes given your budget, long answer: it depends on the size of the turbo and how much money you're willing to spend on getting it to fit right, not to mention get the right size injectors, intercooler and tuning.

Short answer: yes given your budget, long answer: it depends on the size of the turbo and how much money you're willing to spend on getting it to fit right, not to mention get the right size injectors, intercooler and tuning.

How much cash would I need really. And what are all the things I need?

The mechanical side of things is only half the battle. Tuning is the other half.

The easiest route is swapping the peripherals from a MSP. Even then you are limited to ~6psi until upgraded internals are necessary.

The wrx turbo may or may not work, depending on its configuration.

Check out the thread "what mods for a daily driven MSP" in the MSP performance section. Pretty much 99% of that will work for the protege5.

before you go buying anything, it sounds as if youve got a whole lot of reading to do. Like, even basic stuff, like what a turbo is. And that you cant just "put" one on your car.

If I were you I would just go with the stock msp set up unless you got money to forge. Otherwise you'll zoom zoom boom that mofo

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Back