Trouble setting up SiriusXM in CX5 Carbon Edition

:
mazda cx5 gt
Help needed. I Just bought a 2021 CX-5 Carbon Edition and would like to set up a 3 month trial of SiriusXM. Dealer set up the Apple carplay for me however, I don't see SiriusXM listed as a source in the audio menu. I only see FM, AM, Pandora, Bluetooth, USB audio, USB video. I installed the SiriusXM app on my I phone and connected to port in center armrest , I called Sirius, no luck as I could not find radio ID number. Trying to avoid the 100 mile trip to dealer for help on this. At 76 yrs old, my IT skills are minimal. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

According to the information on the Mazda website neither the Carbon Edition or Carbon Edition Turbo include SiriusXM in their equipment.

Upvote 0
Yep, I also have a CE and was surprised to see that you have to option to GT trim to get native SiriusXM capability. But you should be able to access it over CP.

- Mark

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Help needed. I Just bought a 2021 CX-5 Carbon Edition and would like to set up a 3 month trial of SiriusXM. Dealer set up the Apple carplay for me however, I don't see SiriusXM listed as a source in the audio menu. I only see FM, AM, Pandora, Bluetooth, USB audio, USB video. I installed the SiriusXM app on my I phone and connected to port in center armrest , I called Sirius, no luck as I could not find radio ID number. Trying to avoid the 100 mile trip to dealer for help on this. At 76 yrs old, my IT skills are minimal. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Since SiriusXM only comes with the Grand Touring or above, I'd suggest using the SiriusXM streaming app on your iPhone and listening through Apple CarPlay. Their streaming service offers many more channels, better sound quality, and is less expensive than a radio subscription.

Upvote 1
Anyone else notice the XM app on Android Auto/Apple CarPlay now has channel + and - buttons on your favorites channels? This allows the commander knob to quickly move to the next/prior preset station. The steering wheel radio buttons still don't work (at least not in my 2018 Mazda6 GT), but it's a huge improvement. Not having XM on the Carbon Edition was a complete deal breaker, but their app is growing on me with Mazda's interface. Having to use mobile data for a service I already pay for just seems wrong.

Upvote 0
Having to use mobile data for a service I already pay for just seems wrong.

You're still on a data plan that has usage limits? I honestly didn't know those still existed. I rarely use more than 2-3 GB per month since I'm on Wi-Fi most of the time, but I switched to an unlimited plan several years ago because it was actually cheaper than the old 4 GB limited plan I had.

Upvote 0
Back