The Ohio Random Thread... aka We Should Probably Be Working

^ true, if it ends up leaking I can take it back as warranty so that's nice

if someone wants to do that for me I'll give you $200, just know that if you mess it up and I crash and die I'm gonna come back and haunt you, it won't be pretty...

car is pretty rusted underneath, I don't wanna get under there again any time soon

if someone wants to do that for me I'll give you $200

I don't even know what someone would have to pay me to do that. I ran one from my passenger wheel well to the proportioning valve whatever on the firewall and even something that "simple" and "easy" wasn't. I think I paid around $300 to have my two rear lines replaced when one blew. So worth not messing around with it yourself. And I'm all for DIY.

This is funny. I am doing brake lines on the FC currently, and in the swap from the base model single piston to T2 4-piston calipers, I needed new brake lines. So it goes hard line at wheelwell to softline up to the shock mount for the brake lines, then back hardline from the shock to the caliper.

Well, the calipers are fixed mount, with pinned pads, instead of a floating caliper, thus the hardline is not getting any movement. The shock mount keeps the hardline from getting yanked or bent.

Anyways, I now have SS Goodrich lines up front (and maybe the rears if I feel like swapping those lines as well)

I'm running brake lines on the Miata right now, and tucking them AND running one into an back out of the car for the wilwood prop valve. Not to mention making brackets to reverse them, now my line to the rear runs down the driver side to avoid crossing over on the firewall. :) I'm using brake line a local company makes, copper-nickel alloy that bends easily (by hand), and isn't supposed to rust.

When the rear line blew on my Neon an hour from home, I towed it home and went to the dealer and ordered prebent lines for $25. Lol. That was a b****, had to drop the tank and even then maneuvering them where they needed to go already bent was horrible :(

Last edited:
More than he had to spend, but hey...shoot them a low ball offer, I doubt many people are in the market fora 100k+mile Mazda6 motor, so they might want to deal! Offer for just the motor too, let them recoup some money by selling the trans separate.

Despite the hideousness of that car if it runs and isn't rusting anywhere if you could pick it up for under $1000 that would be a deal.

Back