The MS6 Build-a-Beast is coming very soon...(Pics)

i don't feel it was an ECU issue on this car honestly. a gentleman with the proCEDE supposedly blew up his car after having it dyno tuned but i don't know if thats verboten information or not.

Well when I say with his ECU, I just meant that he needed his car tuned to a good tune for all his supporting mods, that's all, you know?

I'm confident if he'd managed to get his car to you guys, that you would have most likely made it work for him.

As for the procede and someone blowing up there car, I haven't heard about that.... mind if you can tell me where you heard that? Like on a forum or word of mouth, etc?

Well when I say with his ECU, I just meant that he needed his car tuned to a good tune for all his supporting mods, that's all, you know?

I'm confident if he'd managed to get his car to you guys, that you would have most likely made it work for him.

As for the procede and someone blowing up there car, I haven't heard about that.... mind if you can tell me where you heard that? Like on a forum or word of mouth, etc?

i heard from someone on sixclub that a car was dyno tuned on a procede and then blew up on the way home from the dyno. thats about all i really know. i've heard of a second one doing something similar but that may be that person putting a different spin on the same story.

i heard from someone on sixclub that a car was dyno tuned on a procede and then blew up on the way home from the dyno. thats about all i really know. i've heard of a second one doing something similar but that may be that person putting a different spin on the same story.

Hmmm.... thanks, perhaps I'll venture over to 6club and see what I can find. Maybe.... hopefully, the person that did blow their car is on there posting, or someone told them to. That would suck if your car blows like that and to not reveal to everyone else who has one as to WHY so they can avoid whatever road you take.... we should all try to learn and help others learn from mistakes.

i believe what happened with the procede on the other forum is he was a tester. mostly stock, they tuned it, it ran great and made pretty good power. they took it off after because he didnt have the money to buy it or something not sure on the reason. he blew on the way home after the procede was off

i believe what happened with the procede on the other forum is he was a tester. mostly stock, they tuned it, it ran great and made pretty good power. they took it off after because he didnt have the money to buy it or something not sure on the reason. he blew on the way home after the procede was off

Kinda weird.... how do you blow if you're stock? Weak ass internals? or was the flash and the boost still some how, on the stock ECU so too much boost on stock = KABLOOEY ?

they actually did not up the boost any.

Really? nice........... I was leaving work and I saw a black speed6 parked like 2 cars over from my car, it was nice to see that. lol

I'm gonna have to head over to 6club and see if I can find out anymore info.

I wouldn't be surprised if the issue was that the tune was lean which cause detonation on the dyno. It was prob enough to weaken his bottom end..which let loose when he got back on it.

Dyno'ing a car is very strenuous on a car...Load bearing dyno's are like driving up a hill in 6th gear towing some weight.

I doubt he even pulled the plugs to look for signs of what happened.

-C

Kinda weird.... how do you blow if you're stock? Weak ass internals? or was the flash and the boost still some how, on the stock ECU so too much boost on stock = KABLOOEY ?

if the procede was removed there is no way for a residual ghost tune to be affecting the car, much in the same way that removing an XEDE or standback would henceforth remove any tune from the vehicle.

there are few guys who have blown stock motors. heck there is one guy posting here about how mazda wanted to stick him with a $14000 bill and voided his warranty on a stock mazdaspeed6 when his bottom end let go. weak ass internals is what i have been preaching all along. every car you are going to see a few bad apples, it happens. but there really isn't any valid reason why if these internals were the beefy wunderkinds people preach that they are that they should let go stock and let go so violently. all arguments about whether or not they are forged is moot at this point in my opinion. when you have rods punching holes in the block and snapping off from freak downshifts, stock vehicles, stock motors or when you've supposedly been tuned running pig rich with safe EGTs it shows they are weak, pure plain and simple and they should not be ultimately relied on to make big numbers. i said a year ago when people asked why speed6 motors were blowing before speed3 motors, give those guys time to put more mods and more miles and more abuse on them. you are beginning to see more speed3s popping engines as time moves on. you almost always see the rods snap on these before anything else in the engine fails and you almost always see it happen on the same cylinder with the rod exiting the block in consistently the same location.

if the procede was removed there is no way for a residual ghost tune to be affecting the car, much in the same way that removing an XEDE or standback would henceforth remove any tune from the vehicle.

there are few guys who have blown stock motors. heck there is one guy posting here about how mazda wanted to stick him with a $14000 bill and voided his warranty on a stock mazdaspeed6 when his bottom end let go. weak ass internals is what i have been preaching all along. every car you are going to see a few bad apples, it happens. but there really isn't any valid reason why if these internals were the beefy wunderkinds people preach that they are that they should let go stock and let go so violently. all arguments about whether or not they are forged is moot at this point in my opinion. when you have rods punching holes in the block and snapping off from freak downshifts, stock vehicles, stock motors or when you've supposedly been tuned running pig rich with safe EGTs it shows they are weak, pure plain and simple and they should not be ultimately relied on to make big numbers. i said a year ago when people asked why speed6 motors were blowing before speed3 motors, give those guys time to put more mods and more miles and more abuse on them. you are beginning to see more speed3s popping engines as time moves on. you almost always see the rods snap on these before anything else in the engine fails and you almost always see it happen on the same cylinder with the rod exiting the block in consistently the same location.

ok just checking on the "ghost tune"

Amen brother, I still remember that picture you showed of the STOCK rod and piston laying next to a pauter rod with arias piston.

I'm a firm disbeliever that the stock parts are "forged" even if they are somehow "forged" they are the crappiest and definitely CHEAPEST forging job that mazda could have paid for.

I've told people before already.... before I even think about getting a larger turbo (like the 3076) I'll at least be getting forged pistons/rods put in there first.

I just really want this issue with the ECU solved, or I'm just gonna take my money and get myself an F250.... cause I could definitely use a truck.

haha thats what i did. i got a truck, but its not really a truck you could use. i am not modding my ms6 at all anymore just keeping the catback on it. i've sold my pg mani, extra ko4 and plan on selling the few things i have let for it

Attachments

• taco 011.jpg
    taco 011.jpg
    744.5 KB · Views: 129
Nice mud runner ya got there.... LOL

Nah I just need a truck like an F250 (4 door) with a short bed, for hauling and towing things occasionally.

I use to have an F-150 Lariat with the super cab (that's the extended, super crew is 4 door for those not in the know) and the long bed. I loved that truck but I really wanted a car to carry more people around.... now I realize I need both, lol

So I'd either think about getting an F250 or the Toyota Tacoma X-Runner.... I drove that it was a nice quick little beast, a supercharger/turbo on that sucker would make it fast as the dickens (thumb)

on another note........ What's the status on Chris' car? Did he finally part it out, or did someone buy it? Perhaps I'm missing it but I can't see it on the past few pages, I just see that he's getting a 135?

thats why i dont trust piggybacks. They are pretty much a band aid and no one knows how they react to different conditions. I think the best bet for guys who are afraid to blow their motors is to wait for a reflash or standalone. I also thing that the rods in this motor play a big part in their destruction from modding. A nice set of rods will give you that extra safety to go far with this car.

BTW Ive parted out alot of stuff and Im waiting on the production of my 135i. My MS6 will be traded in.

Last edited:
thats why i dont trust piggybacks. They are pretty much a band aid and no one knows how they react to different conditions. I think the best bet for guys who are afraid to blow their motors is to wait for a reflash or standalone. I also thing that the rods in this motor play a big part in their destruction from modding. A nice set of rods will give you that extra safety to go far with this car.

BTW Ive parted out alot of stuff and Im waiting on the production of my 135i. My MS6 will be traded in.

no 135xi? you don't want teh AWD powah? lol

Sounds good man.... your car will be missed, it had potential. and yeah the piggybacks aren't that great, unless they can FLASH the ECU... that's why I was hoping for the COBB, but that never worked out.... oh well.

and yeah a good set of rods and pistons can take the stock engine far.... at least until your bottom end craps out, lol

no 135xi? you don't want teh AWD powah? lol

Sounds good man.... your car will be missed, it had potential. and yeah the piggybacks aren't that great, unless they can FLASH the ECU... that's why I was hoping for the COBB, but that never worked out.... oh well.

and yeah a good set of rods and pistons can take the stock engine far.... at least until your bottom end craps out, lol

I am surprised no one has pointed this out to you BUUUUUUUUT the US is not getting a AWD 1er. Sorry you are pushing for a car we wont get . . . (google)

I am surprised no one has pointed this out to you BUUUUUUUUT the US is not getting a AWD 1er. Sorry you are pushing for a car we wont get . . . (google)

My mistake, I don't really follow the Beemer scene too much.... the 135 is WAY too small for someone like me to drive (comfortably at least... I have issues in my friend's 330ci)

That's a shame to hear though.... they're going to bring over the v8 M3 and don't they have the 335xi available here? Why that and not the 135? Sucks (ghey)

cuz rwd ftw and less power lost to the drivetrain. Ive cut lower 60ft times with my mustang on slicks then ive seen friends do with awd evos/sti's. And i see then break more sht.

cuz rwd ftw and less power lost to the drivetrain. Ive cut lower 60ft times with my mustang on slicks then ive seen friends do with awd evos/sti's. And i see then break more sht.

more working parts just means more s*** to break.... my buddy has an 04 cobra.... but it's turbo.... highest dyno to date is 812 hp.... ran high 9s last time at the track, he's always breaking s*** too.

Were the EVO/STIs of your friends using slicks? street tire to street tire you're likely to cut a better '60 foot in AWD.

But I understand your choice.... especially in a "roll race" the AWD just adds to weight.... plus I would probably go with RWD too, just for some drifting once in a while, LOL (bowdown) nice car man... sorry to see you're giving up on the MS6 though... I was hoping you'd lead the way for us

just called Ken today and payed for a set of 8.8:1 arias pistons and pauter rods!!! Damn, I cant wait!

Back