Swap 2016 instrument cluster from US to EU

marty84

Hi,

I'm currently driving a Mazda CX-5 2016 Touring model in the US and am looking to take it with me to the Netherlands once I move back.

One thing I've been trying to find info about is swapping out the current instrument cluster for one from Europe, in order to have the KM metrics gauge.
I couldn't find any information on replacing/changing just mileage gauge to a KM version, but did read about people successfully switching out the whole cluster for other Mazda's, like here: https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/sho...Swap-Out-Gauge-Cluster-or-Change-Gauge-Lights.

Does anyone have any experience with this for the CX-5? Essentially I'd like to have it switched to KM's to also make it more interesting for reselling it later down the road. I did find functioning clusters for <$300, which I find reasonable.

Another issue I encounter (which is oversee-able) is that the US models don't have any fog light indicators on the dashboard and that I need to install a separate fog light switch with indicator (+ the actual rear fog light) to be compliant with EU regulations. Switching out the stalk for a EU version with both front and rear fog light option would be the nicest option, but then I'd still miss the mandatory indicator light on the US instrument cluster, as I understood this is strangely enough just not included for the US. I figure that even if I'd have the EU instrument cluster, I'd still need quite a bit of additional wiring to get the indicator lights to work.

Anyone any experience with these kind of modifications?

Thanks!
Marty

*edit* apologies, didnt read the guidelines of this sub prior. (RTM) Dont see an option to move this myself - and am unsure where it would fit. Perhaps a moderator could help moving this question to the right sub forum?

Last edited:
Emission devices and crash devices installed, will meet that countries emission and crash requirements? You may have more to swap, than you think. At least that was the case bringing a car from Europe to here.
Also headlights may need to be replaced. Not sure about the new projector ones, though.

Back