Suspension Rebuild?

:
2023 CX5 Turbo
I have a 2016 CX5 GT. It just turned over 130K miles. To date the only real issue was the belt tensioner which went out at about 122K. After inspection this weekend I'm planning on doing a suspension rebuild. Right now, I'm planning on replacing- if needed the struts, strut bearings, rear shocks, and the front and rear stabilizer bar links.

The car idles and drives fine motor vibration wise so the motor mounts are doing their job. However, the car doesn't have quite the same driving feel it did before. I'm comparing the feel of this car to a new car. I'll also check the stabilizer bar bushings as well bottom control arm bushings.

Anything else I'm missing? The car doesn't drive bad by any means but I think the moving suspension parts are getting tired. I did change the shocks back at 70K miles but everything else is original.

Unlikely your end links need replacement, unless you can see damage. Probably the same for the upper strut mounts. Have a look at Koni Special Active shocks and struts.

I'm at 85k on mine and don't feel its ready for new shocks/struts. What shocks and struts did you install it 70k?

KYB. I just checked them and they seem OK. I'll wait another 10K miles or so and see how they are then. I am going to do the brakes though. I think I have Powerstop on there now. It's been a little over 60K miles and they are getting down.

Back