Survived a blizzard. Thank you, Mazda!

So just measured the depth on the Michelin and after the first season they are at 10/32”. Per tire rack they started at 10.5/32”. I didn’t verify but trusting that I would say 1/64” of wear is quite good and these should last several years for us. Probably going to outlast those Toyos!

I just survived the same blizzard. Don't have my CX-5 yet so I can't say how it worked but talked wife out of going anywhere all weekend in her Pacifica. I did make one Taco Bell run in my Wrangler though as a treat to my boys for all the shoveling they did. That was fun.

I was lucky enough to be out of town for the blizzard. I left as the first flakes were falling on Friday. However, I did come back on Sunday while the blizzard was still. My CX-5 was in off-airport parking. They had plowed the lot which left a pile behind my vehicle in addition to the 15" of snow that fell. The shuttle driver wanted to dig my car out. I said just let me try backing it out first. Well, it popped right out of that spot like it was summer. The shuttle driver was impressed, but I tipped him anyway for his willingness to shovel! That was the easy part. Took about 15 minutes of work to get the snow and ice off enough to drive. Roads weren't cleared very well at that point, so I thought I'll take the freeway home (I live 20 minutes from the airport). Bad move - freeway dead stopped. Managed to get on the local roads which were even less plowed. Had zero problems since my AWD and Blizzaks make my CX-5 feel like a snowmobile. The only problem I had getting home was all the other vehicles on the road that frankly had no business being there in those conditions equipped the way they were. Love my Blizzaks (DM-V1's). I did take them off on Monday and switch to my all seasons because as others have noted, they don't like warm weather. 5 winters on them so far and they have one more left in them before they are worn out (in my opinion). Best investment I made in my CX-5!

So just measured the depth on the Michelin and after the first season they are at 10/32”. Per tire rack they started at 10.5/32”. I didn’t verify but trusting that I would say 1/64” of wear is quite good and these should last several years for us. Probably going to outlast those Toyos!

Very nice! My WS80's started at 12/32nd tread and are already down to 10/32nd.

Some snowstorms, but warm weather in between. I got them because they were cheap ($87/each), but when it comes time to replace them, I will be looking at something that has that snow/clear road balance.

Cool.. my CX-5 does feel really planted in snow & ice on the Blizzak DM-V2. Seemingly... noticeably more than the Michelin X-Ice Xi2 I have on my GX 460

My wear has been great on both my Blizzaks and Michelins. I'd have to look into my other posts but I have years of use ahead.

Back