Summer tires...

mcstark

:
2016 Mazda6 Sport
Hey, I've got a bit of a dilemna. I have a GPS unit and when I got it I checked the speedometer accuracy on the stock wheels and tires. It was 1.5mph slower everywhere between 20-70mph. I mounted my winter wheels and tires (195/55-15) and checked it out and it's dead on.

SO...I'm looking into summer tires and wondered if I should maybe go with a 205/45-16 because that's closer in diameter to my snowies (and lower profile than the originals) or stick with the 195/50-16, because that's the stock size.

My car isn't lowered -- totally stock suspension -- and it's my only car.

Any thoughts? I appreciate any help! (thumb)

you'll be at -.8% with the 205's in size difference. also, when your speedo is reading 60mph, you will actually be going 59.5

there's always a little bit of error in every car's speedo. don't worry about it. 205/45/16 is a fine size...a little bit smaller than stock, but not a big deal. 205/50/16 is also fine, and a pretty common size.

My GPS always reads about 1.5-2 mph higher than the dash speedo. I believe the gps is more accurate. anyway with 205/50/16 you'll be closest to your actual speed.

Back