Suggestions for Brand of Tint Films

The "installer" is as important or more than the actual tint product itself. Another overlooked biggie is "ease of installation" of the product. I'm not sure if these 2 factors had anything to do with your experiences but consider this, I have Suntek CXP 80 installed on my windshield for about 3 months now with no issues of creasing. The installer preferred this product as it was easier for him and his team to install it. This meant less time reinstalling later and more convenience for his customers not having to comeback as often. Just curious, which brand and product line did he install on your car?

The place I had mine done uses Solar Gard. Comes with a lifetime warranty. So until the windshield is 100% wrinkle free, I'll be taking it back to get corrected.

I used the Crystalline 70 on my CX5 and love it. There is one small blemish in the windshield but you really have to be looking for it to see it...

Installer is super important...

I haven't experienced any issues with distortion or glare. I like it much better with the tint than without. Especially now that I am used to it. It's hard to sit in a car now that is without tint. The only difference I have noticed is in heavy rain. It just seemed a little darker out, but it in now way hampered my driving ability. It really wasn't that much of a big deal.

Do you have your sides tinted? I can't imagine how hot it gets in Texas this time of the year. Normally, it's really hot here, but it's been a very mild (rainy) summer.

Howdy KCSam,

Just heard today mine supposed to be arriving in Port,
can't wait to get it.

The back portion is already tinted on the GT, so I'll have probably
the 35-40% on the front 2 Windows, and then will have the 80-90% clear
put on the back windows to help with all the heat, as well as 5 or 15%
on the Eyebrow, and the Moon Roof. Or At Least that's my Plan now :)

Yes, the Heat here get's brutal and with the Black Leather Seats and Interior
I'm going to need all the help I can get.

Take Care,

CK

Last edited:
Back