Stupid Miada..

MiaTurbo

Contributor
:
FSM 1.5.b "Kluge";FSM-SV "Ramalamadingdong"; Civic High-Bread
So.. after sitting for 4 months, the damn thing started right up! How am I supose to hate the car if it behaves? Got the turbo back on with the manifold held in place with safety-wired bolts. Hopefully that will allow me to get through at least 1 weekend with out the turbo falling off :p Now to go over the other 5672 things left to do. (first) Doubt i'll be able to make it to Feb 17 HPDE with NASA, but I'll be at VIR in March.

There isn't an actual point to this thread. I'm just bored.

Any reason you had it de-turboed? Did the manifold bolts give you some sort of problem?

Thinking of maybe starting mine up today, been sitting silent for about a month now....garaged and covered till spring.

Vash-

wasn't de-turboed, just had it off for the repairs. The car is no longer registered, or insured, since it's a track beater now, hence the months of sitting. since I replaced the manifold I haven't had more than a week free of trouble with the bolts. I even got some Breslin Split Lock bolts, at $7 each, that didn't work good because the crappy manifold. Then someone suggested the simple method of safety wiring them in place. Got a friend who's an airline mechanic gave me a handfull of bolts, a spool of wire, and pliers. Bolts were the wrong size, and he didn't have the correct ones. So I've just been lazy at getting the proper bolts drilled.

I'll eventually replace the manifold with a quality one, but that will happen when I also upgrade to a T-28 and changing everything out :D

Back