struggling issue for 2002 pro5

liljae8

:
2013 CWP Mazdaspeed3
for a couple days now my p5 has been struggling to start. my battery terminals had some corrosion so cleaned them but it still struggles. also, sometimes when my car is at idle after driving around, my rpms go below 500 and seems like its about to stall but it doesnt. i went to kragen autoparts to have my battery checked and it tested good. they also tested the alternator and all of it tested good. what's goin on? thanks for the help in advance.

have to clean your EGR valve or get a new one! thread on here with how to do!

-R

mine was doing this, then the engine light came on and the car stalled. code reader showed misfire. dead coilpack in my case

wow! now more problems! while drivin to my girls house from school i saw smoke or steam comin from under my hood. i got to my girls and i popped the hood open and saw coolant all over. my coolant reservoir was completely empty. it was dark then so i couldnt really see anything else with my small flash light. called my friend up and he told me to feel a couple hoses to see if they are wet. one hose he told me to feel was the giant hose that goes from the radiator to the engine. not wet. then the one thats connected to the coolant reservoir. not wet. then he told me to open the oil cap to see if the tread is foamy. not foamy. so he said i might have blown a hose somewhere. he's comin by tonight to check it out himself. any suggestions? sorry for the long post. thanks!

looked at the car today. figured out it was the thermostat. i will be replacing it monday as well as the battery(for the struggling starts). will proly clean the EGR valve as well.

replaced the thermostat and replaced the battery. the struggling starts are gone, but the rough idle is still there. will definitely clean the egr valve whenever i have time. proly this friday.

Back