Squeaking noise from my Mazda2

Hello everybody,

I recently got a used 2011 Mazda 2

This noise has been around for a while apparently the previous owner took it to 2 mechanics and one replaced the shocks.

I recorded the noise, I know i couldn't get any good angles its not an easy car to get under. The noise only happens when someone is sitting in the car and rocking. I moved the car so we could record under the wheel hub better but i was no longer able to make the noise.

It happens randomly as I'm driving there is nothing in particular that causes it. Soon as i think its something it happens at another time that would rule that out. eg like the brakes..

The noise is recorded below.

I believe its the ball joint as its totally done for.

I just want to check has anyone else heard a noise like this and if so was it the ball joint or is there something I'm missing?

Ball joint photo below. I'm going to replace the whole control arm.

photo_2021-06-28_20-48-43.jpg

THANKS! :)

Solution
Well I found the issue. The sway bar has moved and is rubbing up against...I'm not sure what this part is called.

I put sticky tape and grease over where it is and it stopped. The mechanic is going to change the bushings and realign it.

photo_2021-07-03_11-37-20.jpg
Well I found the issue. The sway bar has moved and is rubbing up against...I'm not sure what this part is called.

I put sticky tape and grease over where it is and it stopped. The mechanic is going to change the bushings and realign it.

photo_2021-07-03_11-37-20.jpg

Upvote 0
Solution
Back