Spy Photos of next Focus

linky no worky, so I just jacked the pics for this thread.

The first one doesent reveal a whole lot.
7300_image.JPG

The second one however shows what Im pretty sure will be the hatch variant, which looses some of the Egg look that I was not to fond of.
7301_image.JPG

Last edited:
Earlier news on next Focus...

Focus will be a hybrid of the current platform and the M3 platform, with the goal being to "amortize the investment (Ford) has made" in the current platform... re-using a "significant amount of current-model Focus tooling"...

"Focus Gets Clearer

Meanwhile, Mazda officials offered a bit of clarification to recent reports about the next generation of Ford family small cars. The Japanese automaker's new Mazda3 was jointly developed with Ford and Volvo, and will serve as the basis for a variety of future vehicles, including Ford's own C-Max, a European microvan. Mazda's engineering prowess has garnered so much respect in the vast Ford Motor Co. empire that the larger Mazda6 will serve as the foundation for at least ten mid-size U.S. Ford-brand models, including the Futura, a replacement for the aging Taurus. But recent reports indicated Ford would stick with the current platform for the next-generation Focus subcompact, and not switch to something based on the Mazda3. The truth apparently is somewhere in between, according to several senior sources. To fully amortize the investment it has made, Ford will reuse a significant amount of current-model Focus tooling, but update the new car by borrowing some important "bits and pieces" from the Mazda3-based global architecture. Among other things, expect to see a significantly improved interior on Focus, along with improved ride and handling. -Paul A. Eisenstein"

I'm not sure why the link doesn't work on the original post... here it is again. If it doesn't work (again), try cutting and pasting, I guess...

http://www.thecarconnection.com/index.asp?article=6466

Ford's Influence on the Mazda3

Those are interesting comments about Ford's involvment in the Mazda3, since I am in the market for a Protege5, and was wondering if it's worth the wait for a Mazda3. I'm alittle skeptical about how it has been "affected" with the involvment of Ford. (personally, I'm skeptical of any car products Ford makes...)

I know we will not know the reliability ratings for a while on the new Mazda3, but I am curious..:)

Well, the mechanic in the MZ3 is almost the same has in the MZ6. No problem reported for the 6 (2 years). I am not worry at all.

yo, misbehave, first of all, why is the China flag upside-down?? second of all, why do you not like china?

Practically, it is not a China flag, it's a China Communist Party flag. If you know modern Chinese history well enough and understand the design of the flag, you will know what I am talking about.

I have nothing against China or its people.
I just hate the people/party who is ruling the country.

misbehave said:
Practically, it is not a China flag, it's a China Communist Party flag. If you know modern Chinese history well enough and understand the design of the flag, you will know what I am talking about.

I have nothing against China or its people.
I just hate the people/party who is ruling the country.

Amen to that. The PLA sucks!
And that Focus looks fugly.

Looks Like A Damn Aspire

I'll tell you what it looks like: It looks like a larger Ford Aspire. (hand)

7301_image.JPG

ford_aspire.jpg

Last edited:
Back