Speaker replacement for 6 speaker touring?

zen4life

I am about to buy a 2014 touring and was looking into upgrading the 6 speakers. I will have it done by a reputable shop. I am no audiophile but would enjoy a nice sound upgrade. Any recommendations on speakers?

I would like to stay around the 500-800 dollar range including installation.

I have seen others use Polk db351 & dba651 and also saw mention using Alpine sps-610 in the doors.

I put Infinity REF-6502ix in the front and 6032si in the rear door. The dash speakers are tweets and difficult to install, you can put those db351's in there and run them in parallel with the front door speakers, since that's how they are wired from the factory.

Consider a component system for the front and my suggestion to a installer would be use/reuse the OEM connectors already in place to simplify the job even though the original speaker would require the connector to be removed form the basket. This way if you decided to use a different speaker in the future, replacement is plug and play.

Apparently you can just upgrade to something like an Alpine 6.5 SPS-610 in your front doors and the two tweeters for the dash without any new wiring -- all together you can probably have that installed for about $200. I have not seen this with my own eyes, but that's probably what I'll end up doing --- otherwise, the quote I got from a pro shop, including a 5 chanel amp, minus whoofer (but whoffer ready) would be around $1700.

The cheapest of all options is to simply keep all the stock, and just add the dash tweeters which (should) have the wiring, so it only requires being plugged in. Again, this too I have not confirmed. Only what I was told.

Has anyone noticed a thread with installation details and pics? Last time I took apart a door panel it wasn't so spiffy.

Just had a Pioneer AVHX-4500BT head unit with two Focal Access 165CA1SG two ways in the back doors and Focal 165A1 SG component speakers with the mids in the front doors and tweets in the dash installed. Sounds very good but if you like booming bass then it needs a sub. I like it just the way it is.

I am about to buy a 2014 touring and was looking into upgrading the 6 speakers. I will have it done by a reputable shop. I am no audiophile but would enjoy a nice sound upgrade. Any recommendations on speakers?

I would like to stay around the 500-800 dollar range including installation.

I have seen others use Polk db351 & dba651 and also saw mention using Alpine sps-610 in the doors.

I have the Polk setup. My only complaint is that the db351 were way too loud compared to the 651's (couldn't even hear the speakers in the door). I wound up putting in lpad's so I could turn down the 351's in the dash. If I did it again, I probably would go with components and I would make sure the components had cross overs where I could turn down the tweeter volume.

So, it sounds like it would be a good idea to install components if I replace the dash tweeters. Got it. Any recommendation on a component setup?

Thanks!

New to the forum. Hi to everybody. I'm a VW guy considering a 2014 Touring also.
I didn't wanted to start another thread, so I will just ask it here.
It is possible to replace the factory stereo with an aftermarket DD navigation unit without loosing the car settings that are possible to do with the stock radio?

Nobody can answer to my question?
Or those settings after they are set and the radio is removed, those settings will stay active?

Thank you very much.
When this one is out and I have the car, I will get one. Hopefully some people on xda developers forum will make some hacks to this unit.
I have build a carpc which I haven't installed in any car yet and it's based on Windows 7 and a software(GUI) called Centrafuse.
I don't think that it's possible to install something like that and retain the factory settings.
I will be following this thread.

In one of the video reviews on Youtube, one of the reviewer mentioned something about a bigger screen coming in the future for the CX5, but I can't find any info about that to support it.

Back