Smart_Car_USA_Open_for_Business

TinmanMS6

:
2012 Subaru WRX
554687_979701_4992_2418_07c2015_079.jpg

Smart Car USA opened its first dealership and corporate headquarters yesterday in Bloomfield Hills, Mich. The dealership is one of 68 dealerships nationwide set to open by the end of February.

The dealerships will be clad in black, yellow and white and besides selling three Smart forTwo models, the dealerships will come stacked with Smart Car merchandise.

Smart Car USA hopes to have 74 stores in total across 31 states the remaining six are to be opened by the end of 2008.

And, to mark the occasion Smart Car USA is taking reservations. And, with reservations at $99 Smart Car is looking to move the Smart forTwo, fast.

Yeah, when I was in Canada last year, I went to a Mercedes dealership and they had smarts there, but they were the diesel version, and got much better mileage than these.

For $16k, you could have a Fit, and actually put some people in it, and only give up a few mpg. You know why this is going to sell, though? The same reason that the Prius sells more than the Civic Hybrid: It is unique in its styling, and screams "Look at me!!! I'm a tree-hugger!!!111!!!!111"

Edit: For the record, the US-spec smart gets 33/41 mpg.

I'd rather have a fit.. It is bigger, nicer, more useful, and gets 28/34.

Unless they bring over a smart that gets 60+ mpg, I'm not going anywhere near that crapbox.

I'd rather have a fit.. It is bigger, nicer, more useful, and gets 28/34.

Unless they bring over a smart that gets 60+ mpg, I'm not going anywhere near that crapbox.

they are working on a hybrid version that gets 55+ mpg on the highway, FYI

There's a company called Zap in CA that will convert a smart to full-electric. They've been importing them for years and doing conversions. I'm guessing now that customers won't be facing the cost of importing the cars, they're going to get very busy.

Have they started doing conversions of the new smart models yet? If so, I'd be all over it. I've also seen smart cars with 'Busa motors swapped in.

If they havn't started in the states yet, just give it time. I'm sure they've already got one on the chopping block at most custom shops. I would def. pick one of them up!

Tylor

i just got done designing a fire supression for the smart car dealership that they are opening in va beach i dont think there expecting to do alot of service there being as there are only 3 service bays in the place lol

i just got done designing a fire supression for the smart car dealership that they are opening in va beach i dont think there expecting to do alot of service there being as there are only 3 service bays in the place lol

Yes, but they can probably fit 12 cars in those 3 bays. If they're short on lifts, they can just have a guy pick the car up while another one crawls underneath.

i dont think there expecting to do alot of service there being as there are only 3 service bays in the place lol

Are these 3 regular size bays? If so, you're talking about being able to work on at least 6 in those 3 bays(stash)

Tylor

Edit: For the record, the US-spec smart gets 33/41 mpg.

it's nice to know my neighbors jetta TDI gets better gas mileage than that pos.. serisouly how the hell do people justify that kind of crap? Why'd they even consider a gas engine if the whole idea is fuel economy and eco friendly? Ohh yea... I forgot most of the US population still believes Diesels are more polluting than gas engines. my bad. (scratch)

Last edited:
Ohh yea... I forgot most of the US population still believes Diesels are more polluting than gas engines. my bad. (scratch)

That's cause they see them smoke. So, something that smokes is worse for the environment(boobs2)

Tylor

They don't really smoke anymore. Diesels and gas engines are each worse than the other as far as different emissions go. Diesels are worse with NOx emissions, but better as far as CO2 goes.

Back