Smart city break support and line crossing detection in 2017 cx5

Chef1

:
Mazda cx5
So I have questions about this 2 systems which I think are standard in the GS model,I try to see if and how they work.nothing happened either time,from what I read in manual,if they are off it will show clearly on the dash board.mothing is lit there either,do I need to activate it somehow? I didn't really have the time to play with the settings.

Did you press the button to turn off lane departure warning (uhm)

To turn off SCBS, it's in MZD connect under car settings from memory

I don't think so,I didn't mess with the settings so far,and nothing indicates that they are off

You will get an indication (light) on the dash if they are off. Otherwise no indication.

SCBS - if you turn it off, it resets next time the engine is turned off and when ypu restart, it is active again. There is no way to turn it off permanantly. I know this because I tow a boat and I need to turn it off when reversing the boat trailer.

You will get an indication (light) on the dash if they are off. Otherwise no indication.

SCBS - if you turn it off, it resets next time the engine is turned off and when ypu restart, it is active again. There is no way to turn it off permanantly. I know this because I tow a boat and I need to turn it off when reversing the boat trailer.

what happens if you don't turn it off when towing and reversing?

I know all that,this is my point,I got really close to another car in front of me without breaking or steering and the car did nothing,I know this is really just added safety but if it's not working properly when it is needed,it's useless.

I know all that,this is my point,I got really close to another car in front of me without breaking or steering and the car did nothing,I know this is really just added safety but if it's not working properly when it is needed,it's useless.

It will work when it senses that you are not doing anything.

If it kicked in all the time then this would cause more accidents than preventions.

what happens if you don't turn it off when towing and reversing?

If you reverse with it on, the system activates and the brakes slam on!

Ive found that if I reverse really really slowly, it usually doesnt hit the brakes. But when I am backing the boat into my driveway, i need to go faster than that to clear the road.

Apparently, Mazda says that if you use their OEM trailer wiring harness, it deactivates SCBS when revrsing with a trailer attached.

Ive found that if I reverse really really slowly, it usually doesnt hit the brakes. But when I am backing the boat into my driveway, i need to go faster than that to clear the road.

Apparently, Mazda says that if you use their OEM trailer wiring harness, it deactivates SCBS when revrsing with a trailer attached.

Reverse SCBS works between 2-8km/h (1.24-4.97mph) :)

Something completely off topic,going through the car manual,seems like they print them all the same cookie cutter and place them in , whatever your particular model is? If that's the case than its really shame and confusing,you spending well over 30000$ on the car,they could customize particular manual with the right model,no?

So I have questions about this 2 systems which I think are standard in the GS model,I try to see if and how they work.nothing happened either time,from what I read in manual,if they are off it will show clearly on the dash board.mothing is lit there either,do I need to activate it somehow? I didn't really have the time to play with the settings.

Try reading the manual again. I don't think Mazda is going to deliberately mislead you on these features, or include a user manual that's for another car.
Also, you say you don't really have the time to play with the settings, but you do seem to have the time to come here and whine about the user manual. Sheesh.
Take the manual into the house, and take your time and read it, cover to cover.
I took mine in, and spent three days off and on going over it.

Reverse SCBS works between 2-8km/h (1.24-4.97mph) :)

Ah, ok

So it is using the cross traffic alert function as part of SCBS - I always thought the cross traffic/backup alert was only a warning, not an actual intervention.

Thanks both for clarifying. I am going to get a hitch, and maybe OEM harness if they ever make it available again.

Something completely off topic,going through the car manual,seems like they print them all the same cookie cutter and place them in , whatever your particular model is? If that's the case than its really shame and confusing,you spending well over 30000$ on the car,they could customize particular manual with the right model,no?

They are not going to create a separate manual for the GS, and say, the GT. Only one user manual for the CX-5.
If you would take the time to read it, you'll see that there are sections describing features that may or may not be included in your particular model of CX-5.
This is standard across the car industry.
For example, in the chapter describing seat operation/adjustment, they will have instructions for the manual seats, and power seats and memory seats.
You actually have to use your brain and read just the part that applies to your particular seat configuration.
They are not going to print three different user manuals for every vehicle with different seat options.
Hope that makes sense.

Try reading the manual again. I don't think Mazda is going to deliberately mislead you on these features, or include a user manual that's for another car.
Also, you say you don't really have the time to play with the settings, but you do seem to have the time to come here and whine about the user manual. Sheesh.
Take the manual into the house, and take your time and read it, cover to cover.
I took mine in, and spent three days off and on going over it.

I just looked through the manual ,I don't think they would do anything like that deliberately,but than why is my manual full of info about INACTIVE SENSE and AWD if I don't have these packages??

Ah, ok

So it is using the cross traffic alert function as part of SCBS - I always thought the cross traffic/backup alert was only a warning, not an actual intervention.

Thanks both for clarifying. I am going to get a hitch, and maybe OEM harness if they ever make it available again.

No, its not the rear cross traffic alert - we get SCBS both front and rear here.

Back