Slider/Guide Pin on front Caliper seized?

Gio26NJ

:
2013 CX-5 GT AWD Tech Package, 2014 Mazda 6 Touring
I'm in the process of replacing my front pads, the passenger side went real well slider pins came out nice and easy i applied some grease and reassembled. Now on the driver's side one pin came out nicely but the bottom pin was stuck to the caliper bracket. Tried everything to get it out and it's just not getting loose, anyone run into this issue? its spinning but it's not functioning as it's supposed to. Do I replace the whole caliper or can I just buy a new caliper bracket or what? I tried hammering the damn thing out but it's not budging. Any ideas?

Last edited:
The bracket can be purchased separately. I've been getting my parts from Newautoparts.com. Its a savings over dealer. I did have this happen with my old 626. I took the caliper off and took it too a machine shop. They gave a few hits with a big hammer and it finally gave. I was lucky it did not damage the caliper. I cleaned it up and greased it and it worked good for another 20 years.

http://www.newautoparts.com

are we talking about the pin itself or the bolt? The pin should pop right out if you yank it hard enough. If it's the caliper bolt, make sure the pin isn't spinning and that the pin flange is in its little notch that prevents it from spinning. If the bolt is loosened and the pin is popped out of its notch, that thing will keep spinning right round like a record player spinning right round.

It's the guide pin, not the threaded bolt. This thing was just not coming out, tried yanking, hammering, throwing off the roof :D was either bent and jammed or something is keeping it from popping it back out. I found the part number for anyone that may run into this issue in the future it's Part no. K01133281. This is just for the bracket that houses the guide pins. It cost about $42 at my local dealer.

Back