Skyactiv 2.5T boost controller?

:
2019 CX-5 GTR
Hey all, new here. Just purchased a 2019 CX-5 GTR and was reading through all the knowledge in this awesome forum. I was curious if anyone has dare to try an electronic boost controller on these engines too see some extra ponies. I come from a more old school car scene but figured a little gain and a couple extra lbs of boost wouldn't hurt. Is there something the ECU limits that wouldn't allow us to use one? I have been trying to find an answer but have not yet. Any insight?

Thanks!

I think you may be treading in uncharted waters haha. To my knowledge, nobody has tried yet. Wish I had an answer for you.

I’m waiting for the burger Motorsport jb4 to be released. Plug and play kit that will up the boost with fuel trim...

Yeah, I am sure I could resell if it doesn't work out. Worst case I will either hit fuel cut or the ECU will override the boost controller. Just curious if anyone else has tried it. It looks like our stock fuel injectors could take about 10% more boost that it currently does, pretty easily. It's the AFR that might be a bit sketch. I would want a little richer to be safe. Maybe colder plugs will help that. Really hoping that JB4 tuner comes to fruition though.

Waiting for something from company with years of experience, hopefully with the 2.5T on more Mazdas there will be a Cobb AP soon

Back