Sirius Display Options

hekhl00

Wife and I are seriously considering a GT. Just a couple of questions on the Sirius display.

1. If we get the Nav unit, does it display the Sirius information?...including channel, artist, song, etc all on one page?

2. If we don't go with Nav (probably won't after reading about it), I assume the Sirius display is in the orange display up top. If so, how much channel info can it display at once? How do you cycle through Channel, Artist, song, etc? Can you change the default display to artist if you want?

thanks much

Wife and I are seriously considering a GT. Just a couple of questions on the Sirius display.

1. If we get the Nav unit, does it display the Sirius information?...including channel, artist, song, etc all on one page?

2. If we don't go with Nav (probably won't after reading about it), I assume the Sirius display is in the orange display up top. If so, how much channel info can it display at once? How do you cycle through Channel, Artist, song, etc? Can you change the default display to artist if you want?

thanks much

The NAV system will display station, artist and song title. W/O NAV, it displays on the screen up top, and will scroll the information. I think you have an option you can set to either manual or auto scroll the info. Make sure your salesman knows whether the unit has the SIRIUS installed. Most units are only sirius ready, and it will cost extra to have it installed.

Thanks. I have to laugh though about the "make sure your salesman knows" piece. Dealt with two sales guys so far. Neither of them knew much at all about the electronics. How is it that we can spend 30 minutes on this board and know more than people who sell these things for a living? Neither of them even knew the iPod integration piece existed. And neither had ever played with the Nav unit.

Anyway, good info. If it can scroll automatically, that would be ideal. I have to scroll manually on my current car and that is a pain. Would prefer to have XM, but from what I've read that isn't currently possible.

Very cool avatar by the way.(bow)

Back