Shuffle on USB drive not working

axe2

:
2018 CX-9 GT
I just upgraded my 2010 CX-9 GT to a 2018 CX-9 GT. In my 2010 I replaced my HU with a Pioneer. I put all my music on an sdcard, turned on shuffle and it randomly played songs off he sdcard, which is what I like. Not so with my 2018 with the stock HU.

I copied my music to a 128 GB FAT32 formatted USB drive (NTFS didn't work) and plugged it into one of my USB ports, and it seemed to be playing well, except it plays the same few songs/artists over and over.

I've googled around enough to see that there are various problems with shuffle, but with all the different models and versions it's hard to tell which problem(s?) I have and what the fix might be. Is this a known problem with the latest firmware? Is there a way to fix it?

I know 128GB seems like alot, but most of the songs are FLAC, so it's only a few thousand songs. I could convert them to mp3 and put them on a smaller drive, but would rather keep them in FLAC if possible.

I think I figured it out. I figured out how to get a list of songs, and there were only a few albums showing up. It looks like all those were in mp3 format, so apparently flac it not supported.

After googling around a bit more, it looks like flac is only supported with a mod, so I guess I'm going to have to convert all the songs to mp3.

Back