Poll Seriously considering the Mazda CX-50?

Are you seriously considering a CX-50?

• Yes

Votes: 34 42.0%
  • No

Votes: 14 17.3%
  • Just considering…

Votes: 11 13.6%
  • Waiting to see the CX-70/90 etc…

Votes: 22 27.2%

• Total voters

Antoine

Administrator
Well it’s official, the Mazda CX-50 has been announced, now who is or isn’t champing at the bit to get one! :giggle:

First vote in.
I am waiting to get a 2022 CX5 for my wife.
To her, CX5 has the right dimension.
Our daughter in college has her '17 CX5.

For me, I might get the next Nissan Z (stick shift, 400hp for $40k, arriving in spring 2022). :cool:

I'm not in the market right now, so not considering it. But if we were ever to get rid of the Civic, and my wife wanted something bigger, it would definitely be on the list.

After seeing the CX-60 spy photos this morning, I’d definitely prefer to replace my CX-5 with that than the CX-50. I’m hoping Mazda decides to offer the CX-60 in the US after the CX-5 is discontinued. The CX-50 just isn’t for me.

I am actually considering this for the end of next year for my wife, if I can fit nicer rims with a good spec.

If the CX-50 was available at the same time I bought my CX-5 last year, I would’ve gone with the CX-50.

I agree. I just bought a 2021 CX-5 GTR for my wife but would have happily purchased the CX-50 instead.

I am actually considering this for the end of next year for my wife, if I can fit nicer rims with a good spec.
The rims on the camouflaged CX-50 look like “20’s. Hopefully they offer a trim level to match.

Attachments

• E98B7B1C-AA01-47AF-BC84-0918669901C5.jpeg
    E98B7B1C-AA01-47AF-BC84-0918669901C5.jpeg
    65.4 KB · Views: 202
My dealer here in St Petersburg Fl says by May they may have some. Would be a great trade in deal if used prices stay high.

My dealer here in St Petersburg Fl says by May they may have some. Would be a great trade in deal if used prices stay high.
It's a wash. If used prices are high it will be because new cars are also high/non-discounted. Same in the other direction

Has anyone compared pictures of the roofline of the cx50 vs the Toyota Corolla Cross? To me the windshield and side windows look very very close. Personally if they are “twins” I would take the Mazda over the Toyota for the styling, if it come down to different drivetrains I would choose the 6 speed Mazda auto over the know less reliable 8 speed jatco built Toyota transmission.

Has anyone compared pictures of the roofline of the cx50 vs the Toyota Corolla Cross? To me the windshield and side windows look very very close. Personally if they are “twins” I would take the Mazda over the Toyota for the styling, if it come down to different drivetrains I would choose the 6 speed Mazda auto over the know less reliable 8 speed jatco built Toyota transmission.

They're not twins. Completely different vehicles. I think this misconception comes from them being built under the same roof, but it is a totally different assembly line.

Yes I did some more research into it and seen two completely different vehicles, the glass still though looks very much the same. I wondered if they were “close” like the Miata and Fiat.

Was looking to get into a Carbon edition cx5 this spring, but I’ll be waiting to see what the Cx50 looks and drives like! Not a fan of more plastic cladding though.

Corolla Cross trans is an Aisin CVT. I believe there are three different ones globally which vary by power plant.

CX-50 is NOT on Toyota TNGA platform.
Two completely different vehicles being produced under the same roof... likely diff production lines and workers.

On CVT... great idea, but I would want to be the late adopter...

Was looking to get into a Carbon edition cx5 this spring, but I’ll be waiting to see what the Cx50 looks and drives like! Not a fan of more plastic cladding though.
I’m curious to know tire sizes, if there is a proper all terrain tire and a good looking set of wheels, maybe drop a size in wheel diameter. When the online wheel supplirs have a pic of it, do the virtual wheel shopping app/tool. I’m curious if maybe a rallyish look would fit, maybe maybe not. A mild lift may even be possible eventually, along the lines of what is done with the Japanese mini trucks but not excessive as you would destroy the driving dynamics built into the car.

CX-50 is NOT on Toyota TNGA platform.
Two completely different vehicles being produced under the same roof... likely diff production lines and workers.

On CVT... great idea, but I would want to be the late adopter...
Yes I know, upon casual internet inspection, looking at the “bones” they actually resemble, with my years of automakers sharing platforms and them being built under the same roof also with rumors of some technology sharing it’s easy to extrapolate the they were cousins.
Keep in mind the side profile is very close and these screen shots are zoomed in, it took closer examination when I first noticed the shape of the windows past the C pillar.

Attachments

• 6DBF6A17-2093-4097-BADF-7D33DC02DF3D.jpeg
    6DBF6A17-2093-4097-BADF-7D33DC02DF3D.jpeg
    7 KB · Views: 139
  • C96687A6-924C-4ABD-950E-8DD03A929836.jpeg
    C96687A6-924C-4ABD-950E-8DD03A929836.jpeg
    11.1 KB · Views: 136
Multiple workers from the factory all confirmed its separate lines (Team Discovery), separate workers, with no signs of parts (yet) being shared. Rumor is the PHEV would be Toyota in future CX-50 however.

Back