Seeking advice about protecting car seat leather

Hi,

I am looking for advice on how to protect my leather seats from the marks left after using a child car seat for a prolonged period of time. Also, is there a way to use a protector/guardian so the marks don't appear in the first place. I was going to use something like this Brica seat guard but the reviews state it still leaves permanent marks after a week or so of use. Any suggestions?

Thank you,

I have a Diono car seat in my CX-9 and they sell a seat protector for it. It's basically just a high-density foam pad that goes between the car seat and the seat bottom. I'm sure it'll still leave marks, but the foam pad has enough give that at least the marks won't be nearly as visible as the marks left by direct contact with the sharper plastic edges on some seats. In addition to the foam pad, I'm also using a flat nylon seat bottom protector from Summer. It's mostly just there to prevent my daughter from resting her muddy boots on the leather seat bottom, but I'm sure it also helps with preventing deformation/marks.

I have a Diono car seat in my CX-9 and they sell a seat protector for it. It's basically just a high-density foam pad that goes between the car seat and the seat bottom. I'm sure it'll still leave marks, but the foam pad has enough give that at least the marks won't be nearly as visible as the marks left by direct contact with the sharper plastic edges on some seats. In addition to the foam pad, I'm also using a flat nylon seat bottom protector from Summer. It's mostly just there to prevent my daughter from resting her muddy boots on the leather seat bottom, but I'm sure it also helps with preventing deformation/marks.
Thank you. Have you seen if there is any damage since you started using it. I have white seats and it seems the top reviews in Amazon are from disgruntled car owners saying the foam melts with the leather. https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

Thank you. Have you seen if there is any damage since you started using it. I have white seats and it seems the top reviews in Amazon are from disgruntled car owners saying the foam melts with the leather. https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

No damage on my seats. Maybe a slight indent, but I'm not sure if it would go away with time as I've only taken the seat out a few times to transport some larger items in the trunk. One way to prevent the foam from melting into the leather is to use an additional protector like I did, to put between the foam pad and the seat bottom.

Good thick bath towel (dont laugh) on the seat, then a seat foam protector, then the child seat. No issues. Seems the thick bath towel kind of absorbs everything. You can also get beige ones to match the interior.

Latest posts

Back