safe for factory amp to disconnect factory sub?

i am not entirely sure of the power routes for the factory amp, however currently the only speakers in my car that are not powered by my pdx 4.150 are the sub under the front seat and the rear door speakers. i want to disconnect the underseat sub and play with the relationship between my components and my alpine sub, but don't want to jeopardize whatever is running the bose sub by pulling the plug.

i wonder if the rear door speakers are run by that amp as well?

thx.

I'm not the best at electrical stuff, but to my knowledge unplugging something will not jeopardize the piece of electrical equipment that powers that unit

I'm not the best at electrical stuff, but to my knowledge unplugging something will not jeopardize the piece of electrical equipment that powers that unit

for some reason, i used to be wary of having channels on amps 'open' w/o a driver connected. maybe it was because of old technology, or something, but that's where that originated from.

Abbadon, thanks.

well you might have a point there....I don't think it should be an issue however

if you are worried about it however, just disconnect the inputs to the amp....leaving power on the amp should be fine

for some reason, i used to be wary of having channels on amps 'open' w/o a driver connected. maybe it was because of old technology, or something, but that's where that originated from.

Abbadon, thanks.

If there isn't a driver connected, there isn't a complete circuit, and that channel of the amplifier will do exactly ZERO work. IE, no problem to let any channel on ANY amplifier open.

Back