Rustproofing?

Neuritis

:
CX-9
I've had my new 08 GT for almost a week now and have a question concerning rust protection. I did not go with the dealer rust proofing and wondering what everyone else is doing?

I read in a few magazines that new cars now are better protected coming out of the factory that aftermarket rustproofing is not required. Do you think it is needed?

Anyway, I live in Ontario and the car will be exposed to lots of salt for a few months every year. I'm also lazy so that means I want to avoid yearly re-application if possible.

Save the money. Go read Consumer Reports or any other consumer magazine about these overpriced "add-ons". NOT worth it with today's cars.

Car's today have 7+ years of rust-through warranty. And if a problem spot appears, and it doesn't rust-through all the way, you are SOL. Rust bubbles are not covered.

Save the money or put it in a high-interest CD account that will accrue value in 7 years just in case you need to have the body work done.

It is a waste of money and if it isn't applied right it actually can cause the vehicle to rust sooner than without the additional coating

Save your money

I agree with the other comments here. Big waste of money.

I live in Minnesota, haven't had a vehicle rustproofed in over 20 years and haven't had any problems with rust, surface or otherwise.

Just wash the vehicle regularly during the winter to get the crud off.

Good that there is no RUST problem in USA - here in Germany we have a big RUST Problem with MAZDA6 and MAZDA3 so i also have modifyed my imported CX-9 with a Improved RUST Protection....

Back