Rock Chip Repair

joshb003

:
2011 Mazda 2
Any suggestions? The paint I got from the dealer is only a brush. if I had a pen I think this would be a lot easier. The issue is with the brush, you can't really put it on correctly, because it puts a bubble droplet over the rock chip, where I only want to fill it in.

Any tips on how to repair rock chips on the hood?

Josh

Old school was to tear a match out of a matchbook and use the torn (non-phosphorous) end to dab paint in.

John

I'll be doing the toothpick method. If that doesn't satisfy me I have plenty of small brushes to use.

Just waiting on a nice day.

if you need to fill in stone chips along the hood or around the fender, you will need to get touch-up paint that exactly matches the color of your car.Small nicks and chips can be repaired by filling them in with a little touch up paint. With some work, the results can be outstanding! Be sure the temperature is above 60 and the area is clean and wax-free. Dont ever use the brush that comes with the touch-up paint!! If you do, you cant help but end up with large, ugly blobs of paint where you filled in the chip.you can have some auto repair estimates for this would be..

Hey marck,

That was my issue, I attempted using the brush and I had just an ugly blob of paint, so I quickly wiped it off. I like the idea of using a match, do you use wooden matches or the cardboard type ones?

Josh

Dr Colorchip works great and doesn't leave a blob. Just make sure you remove any wax from the area 1st.

Back