Revert unsuccessfull chip-tuning to stock?

Matrosoff

Hello, all.
Some time ago i've chiped my 2.3 DISI Turbo. Without success. Engine has blown. 2nd connecting rod was broken. Now i have new cylinder block setup and everything is ok, besides ECU program. ECU program left one, which blew my engine. I am trying to find a solution to reprogram with OEM ECU program, but dealer doesn't know how to do that. Actually, he refusing to do that, and mimics like he don't understand what I want from him. I still can't drive car : there is a horrible detonation when tachymeter lefts 3K zone.

The question is : what is the name of this procedure? To make dealer understand and DO THAT :) I know, there is some firmware upgrades from Mazda. Perhaps to re-program it back it is enough to tell dealer to load new firmware?

What product was used to load the tune? It's entirely possible that the dealer will not have access to the ECU and you may need to contact the manufacturer of the tuning product for initial assistance getting the stock ROM reloaded

^ Agree. Which company provided the tuning hardware/software? Consult them for technical support. You may need to return your ECU to them and get them to flash it back to stock.

And, I guess you know that if you drive your new engine on that tune you'll end up blowing it again.

Dealers don't normally have access to reload on the whole engine program. When they do a flash they are just doing a update to the root software that is on the ECU not installing a full program to the ECU.

Like others have said. talk tot he company that did the program for you and see what they say. Ask if you will need to have a tune done for the mods you have done to the car and if there "tune" is just a base map to get you started. If I was in your shoes I don't think I would use a tune from that company if they wont do something for you about your engine damage if it was indeed the tune that caused the engine failure.

Hello, all.
Some time ago i've chiped my 2.3 DISI Turbo. Without success. Engine has blown. 2nd connecting rod was broken. Now i have new cylinder block setup and everything is ok, besides ECU program. ECU program left one, which blew my engine. I am trying to find a solution to reprogram with OEM ECU program, but dealer doesn't know how to do that. Actually, he refusing to do that, and mimics like he don't understand what I want from him. I still can't drive car : there is a horrible detonation when tachymeter lefts 3K zone.

The question is : what is the name of this procedure? To make dealer understand and DO THAT :) I know, there is some firmware upgrades from Mazda. Perhaps to re-program it back it is enough to tell dealer to load new firmware?

sounds like I'd go after whomever it was that put the tune on the engine, make them buy you a new one and flash the thing back to stock.

Problem is, if you don't have access to stock flash info, you may be in for a battle with the dealer.

Tuner (he is a personal, not a company) now acting very scamfull : he ignoring me and I am unable to "find him". :(

As I can remember it was ECUTek software used to load the tune.

Good, at least you have a starting point. ECUTek website indicates two Mazda tuners in the US, suggest you contact them, and see if they can assist with getting the factory ROM back on the ECU. You may need to send them the ECU to play with.

You could also contact ECUTek HQ over in the UK, but I'd start with the local dealers first.

Back