removing wax from black trim

Jfields21

Anyone got any solutions for this? I had my car in for service and my dealer washed and waxed my cx-9 and got wax on the black molding around the wheels. I have washed it 3 time and can not get it off. Am I gonna have to repaint them or is there something you guys can recommend. Thanks

As stated in another thread, I use this on the plastic trim on my CX-9.

11169_FAM

Griot's Garage Vinyl & Rubber Dressing

It also removes any wax residue. I've always had good luck with removing wax residue with other trim dressing similar to Griot's.

Anyone got any solutions for this? I had my car in for service and my dealer washed and waxed my cx-9 and got wax on the black molding around the wheels. I have washed it 3 time and can not get it off. Am I gonna have to repaint them or is there something you guys can recommend. Thanks

Believe it or not, creamy peanut butter will dissolve it and leave the trim shiny too. Wipe it on, wipe it off, and wash...it will look like new again.

Nothing really removes it but rather dresses it to give it the new car look. I have tried many brands and they all look great but if neglected (not redoing it once a month or so) the wax residue will reappear.

An eraser will do the trick also. Probably the cheapest solution, too. Look for one of the old-school big, pink erasers used for pencils.

have you tried a mr.clean magic eraser? also ive always used turtle wax ice on plastic that has had wax.. and never seen it come back..

I second the peanut butter solution. I have used it on several cars and it removes the residue, and it doesn't come back. Stay away from the chunky, however :)

teedeebee......Does baby oil remove the wax white, or cover it up? Thanks for the tip!

It covers initially but repeated dressings should remove it altogether.

I have since switched to https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned). It's a better product that can be applied in sun or shade to all body parts, including plastic and rubber...leaves absolutely no residue and wipes off easily to a brilliant shine.

Last edited:
Back