Removing front emblem from 2017 CX-5

Gyakuzuki1541

:
2017 cx-5
Has anyone tried removing their front Mazda emblem from the grill on this years model? If so, how is it attached? Is it adhesive or hooks? I'd like to debadge the front or paint the chrome emblem dark or black. I have the silver version of the car, thanks!

Do you have the adaptive cruise control? I tried with mine and I think you have to basically take off the whole bumper...I was able to see screws on the back but couldn't get to them... Again. This is with the adaptive cruise control option.

We have the grand touring model so I believe it does. Either that or I'll find some way to paint the emblem black, I'm willing to listen if anyone has done it by paint before. lol

Yes there are different front emblems depending on what options you have.

If you have the acitvesense or radar stuff, the Mazda Gull emblem will be encased in a FLAT clear plastic puck.

If you don't have the radar options, then you have the normal 3 dimensional Mazda Gull emblem.

I would not recommend modifying the first style, as it may interfere with the operation of the radar sensors.

Old thread, but I'm curious if anyone since has tried removing the front emblem?

I'm totally fine losing traffic sign recognition or adaptive cruise control. And I definitely wouldn't miss the automatic emergency braking (which has engaged half a dozen times while I'm making delicate maneuvers making me look like a total ass and nearly causing multiple accidents). I'm thinking about pulling it, and putting my state-mandated front plate there. If I figure out how to disconnect/remove it though, are the onboard computers going to freak?

Last edited:
If I figure out how to disconnect/remove it though, are the onboard computers going to freak?
Pretty sure they will. People who've had snow covering have reported alerts going off, and you might find that the error flashes your brake lights continuously (though I have no idea why Mazda chose to do this!).

Old thread, but I'm curious if anyone since has tried removing the front emblem?

I'm totally fine losing traffic sign recognition or adaptive cruise control. And I definitely wouldn't miss the automatic emergency braking (which has engaged half a dozen times while I'm making delicate maneuvers making me look like a total ass and nearly causing multiple accidents). I'm thinking about pulling it, and putting my state-mandated front plate there. If I figure out how to disconnect/remove it though, are the onboard computers going to freak?
It is the sonar and yes, it depends on trim level and year as well. If you have the EBA, you can adjust it too so it won't go off as often. I live in a semi rural area so I adjust it to the most sensitive level. The settings are on the radio.

Back