Received a Mazda Survey About Rotary Engines

:
Occupied Calif.
:
2019 CX 5 GT-R
I received a survey this morning from the Mazda Insiders Community. It asked a lot of questions regarding rotary engines and also hybrid electric/gasoline engines. It sounds like they are still considering offering a rotary engine at some time in the future.

I bought a new 1984 RX7 GSL-SE with the 13B Wankel engine and loved that car. If Mazda can solve the issues with fuel consumption, oil consumption and emissions, and can offer a sports car that isn't as butt ugly as the RX8 for around $70 - $80K I would seriously consider it. The RX-Vision concept car from a few years ago was stunning and I'll bet would give a lot of sub- $100K sports cars a real run for their money.

I wonder if they could just be gauging interest in the forthcoming MX-30 with rotary range extender..

I received a survey this morning from the Mazda Insiders Community. It asked a lot of questions regarding rotary engines and also hybrid electric/gasoline engines. It sounds like they are still considering offering a rotary engine at some time in the future.

I bought a new 1984 RX7 GSL-SE with the 13B Wankel engine and loved that car. If Mazda can solve the issues with fuel consumption, oil consumption and emissions, and can offer a sports car that isn't as butt ugly as the RX8 for around $70 - $80K I would seriously consider it. The RX-Vision concept car from a few years ago was stunning and I'll bet would give a lot of sub- $100K sports cars a real run for their money.
I had a black 1985 GSL-SE bought new. I loved that car as well.

My first brand new car was ALMOST a 1979 RX7. I decided to go with a brand that was more mainstream with proven mechanicals (5.0 Mustang GT).

I wonder if they could just be gauging interest in the forthcoming MX-30 with rotary range extender..
This was my first thought...It would make sense since didn't we hear that they will sell the MX-30 in the US with the Rotary Range Extender?

This is the thread I'm thinking about, in our MX-30 Forum...

Mazda will use a rotary engine as RE (range extender) in MX-30 when it arrives in US market.
Rotary engine is perfect as a generator. At fixed RPM, emission and vibration are both under control. Compact in size.

Back