Ractive Cold Air Intake

BMET

Hey Everyone,

I recently purchased a P5....the previous owner installed a Ractive Superflow CAI into it.

I have two questions...how often do those filters have to be changed?

And where in Toronto Canada can I purchase the filters?

Thanks for all your info,

BMET

yo dont even need to change it, you could rince it out with just regular water, or go on ebay and get one for like $5, AEM and K&N sell filter cleaners.

the filter cleaners they sell are specifically for their filter elements as they require oiling and therefor need a soolution to clean em out. the ractive filter doesnt get oiled so you dont need a solution to clean it, just run a hose through it, preferably from the inside out.

you could upgrade to a better filter also, K&N< monsterflow, GREEN filters, or the best one the APEXi superflow filter.

Hey thanks for the input...

It seems strange that you don't have to change an air filter, but if it's not necessary, than all the better.

BMET said:

It seems strange that you don't have to change an air filter, but if it's not necessary, than all the better.
Depends on the type of air filter. Some are designed to be replaced (mostly the cheap paper type of filters), while the performance ones usually can be cleaned and re-oiled (the oil does the job of filtering, so you NEED to re-oil it after cleaning).

BMET said:

K&N doesn't recommend changing it until (no joke) 100,000 miles

K&N still recommends clean/oil it every 10-15 thousand miles,depending if you live places with tons of dust in the air(AZ,CA,UT..etc)

Last edited:
Back